1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gnf Turn 12 Crash

Discussion in 'General' started by canalroadracing, Oct 17, 2005.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My daughter was the understudy for Violet in the local figure skating clubs production of Willie Wonka on Ice. I helped build sets. It took WEEKS for me to get the Ooompa Loopa song out of my head.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Scott hit further down where we don't put air fence - yes skipping off the wall hurts but the chances of being able to save it down there are greater without barriers of any sort.

Tim Brewer hit the Air Fence full tilt in T12 under the scorers. He had no major injuries at all. Thank you John Ulrich for raising the money to buy it, Hugh Flwming for being the man and bringing it to the GNF, setting it up, taking care of it every morning and night. He's flat out amazing. And thanks to AMA Pro Racing for lending him to us, paying for the fuel and truck etc... to bring it to us. A lot of people have worked their asses off and donated a lot to make sure Tim could take his bow and personally I'd say it was all worth it.

Anyone and everyone who has ever donated to the Roadracing World Action Fund - thank you too from the bottom of our collective WERA heart.

3. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

amen.

4. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

I also would like to thank everybody that has donated time, or money to the air fence fund. You know---I never thought about how important those things are, until I hit one. I am more than positive that if that air fence wasn't there---I would have left the GNFs in a helicoptor. Thanks again to all the wera officials, medical staff, and the hottie that was in the little on site hospital from the bottom of my blessed heart. I was touched by the reponse I got when I walked in the tower after my crash. I love all you guys---Ya'll are like family to me!!!! :bow:
    I would like to thank all my boys with Ghetto Customs! Thanks for everything ya'll have done for me! Especially Stacey. If it wasn't for her keepin us straight, and feedin us.We wouldn't make it----or we'd all be in jail!
    Thanks guys--I love Yall!
    Russell, Stacey, Cale, Chris, & Blake...............
    Its all about the GHETTOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  5. Ncbb

Ncbb Well-Known Member

I was Scoring

It definitely got my attention.

Someone asked what a motorcycle blowing apart at 20 foot in the air looked like.

I replied Way too close.

I'm glad that all of us made it out okay:beer: , just do me a favor, wait another 10 years or so to do it again....

6. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

Re: I was Scoring

was it dan or scott?

7. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

RE: WERA94

Pmed you Timmy

8. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

scoot iam glad your not hurt!!!!! and congrats .. you had a hell of a year.... and you even manage to run my ass over.... :beer: .....
    again glad your ok..

9. canalroadracing

canalroadracing Well-Known Member

Thanks,
    I won two on my twin. I was in second place and lost he front on the exit of twelve and tumbled into the wall, passed the air fence. Luckily it was a glancing blow since I was exiting the turn. It knocked the shit out of me but afte laying there for a while I was sble to grt up by myself. Nothing broken just bruised really bad, and a nasty raod rash on my hand.

10. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

scott

congrats scott on the HWT class wins
    wish l could have made it down to RA to race with you, maybe next year.
    hope you OK

ha mike how's the shoulder ?

11. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

This says turn 7 but thought you might like to see'm ...

Crash Road Atl

12. canalroadracing

Re: scott

13. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

scott

it would have been a nice end of year battle, l wanted to go so bad but had to work, the worse thing is l work for myself and l still could not get time off !!!
    are you riding the RC next year ?

14. Ncbb

Ncbb Well-Known Member

Nurse Nan

Hey Scott-

Glad to hear you've made it okay. Have you seen your Doc yet???:Poke:

Send me a PM and I'll mail your trophies, shirts and #1 plates to you.

Nan

15. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Rick,

Ooompa loompa didily do,I have a governmental question for you..............:Poke:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ask away. You know, you DO kind of resemble an oompa loompa, only taller.

17. canalroadracing

Re: scott

I've officially retired the RC51. If I run twins next year it will be on an SV1000 to go after some money!!

What about you? Are going to run the 748 again?

18. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

not sure what to do next year
    I like riding the 748 but in the expert class it will be down on HP,
    l was think about the running a SV1000 and chasing some $$$
    either way it will be fun next year