2024 Daytona 200 aka Big D

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 11, 2024.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I know he’s been around awhile but I guess I just hadn’t paid that much attention before. But I’m quickly becoming a fan. Guy acts like a kid in a candy store, just thrilled to even be out there and competitive even if he didn’t win. And seems genuinely happy for his teammates success. I’m here for it.

2. swissrcr

swissrcr Active Member

Rahal is a stand up guy.congrats to the team.and Ben is alright too.

Once a Wanker.. and CR750 like this.
  3. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Finally accepted I needed the MotoAmerica Livestream app on my LG smart tv to be able to login on the tv.

Ordered a Roku Streaming Stick 4K from Amazon $39.99 and installed it this morning. Watched today's races without issues except for the pit audio issues which was on MotoAmerica's end.

Hated to spend that but tired of the hassle/frustration I was having like you've been through.

I couldn't login to the app from the internet any longer which is what I've been doing these last several years.

Tried watching Thursday after work before the Roku arrived. Was so pissed off I sent irate email to MA.

I'm ok now and pleased with watching the races.

Once a Wanker.. and BC like this.
  4. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Richie didn't run his race and pitted the 1st time too early with Herrin lap 17 (+ sighting lap). I think he could easily make 18 plus sighting. (especially if was easy on throttle during sighting lap)

Paasch went 19 or 20+sighting lap and ran out of gas. Richie's 1st pit stop was way too long as well. Giving Josh a huge gap.

Tyler Scott team was smart and knew when to pit.

Anyone see Paasch 1st fuel nightmare. That dry break can malfunctioned bigtime. Crazy scary stuff

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

agreed , he enjoys it. Hard to root against the dude who’s having fun

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does the winner still get a Rolex Daytona?

7. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Alright here's my irrelevant rando fan's takeaway from this D200 experience:

- Probably the best buildup to any national or MA race event for as long as I've been riding (25+ years)
    - Herrin puts the smack down on the competition, is the Panigale V2 still a cheater bike?
    - A quick Google search says Yamaha is the winningest brand at the Daytona 200 with 16 all-time, is Ducati on path to eclipse this now with 11 wins?
    - What is Herfoss's situation beyond 2024? He's doing all the Bagger races, but also some of the ASBK rounds apparently. Does he deserve a full time ride in MA?
    - What happened to PJ Jacobsen? Due to his speeding in pit lane penalty Kalya finished higher, but does she deserve all the hype?
    - Just read that the Fonger got DQ'd due to a fuel tank discrepancy - damn!
    - My money, literally, was on Escalante. Would a few seconds of extra fuel on the last pit recouped that $50??

8. 418

418 Expert #59

What happened to JH4?

Some of us are at work...

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Your username almost gave me a stroke, thinking you were Shawn Harris
    Hope all is well for you iomtt

iomfan likes this.
  10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Congrats to Kyle! Great rides!

11. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Fong DQ'd because of an oversized fuel tank - loses his 4th place finish and bumps everyone up that was below him. Ouch.

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  12. Used2befast

So the team Wrench Motorcycles got caught with a cheater tank. Hmmmm

It's an 1 off endurance race...I just dont get the rules that the tank has to conform to Supersport rules since all the bikes have different engine sizes and consume fuel different.

I wonder who else had a cheater tank

2024 Suzuki GSXR750 4.5 US gal
    2024 Ducati Panigale V2 4.491 US gal
    2024 Triumph Street Triple 765 3.96 US gal
    2024 Kawasaki ZX6R 4.491 US gal

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Was there any press on this?

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Sure seems like it.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Electrical problem. Pushed his bike back to the pits got it fixed and went back out. I’m still a huge fan.

Jed and 418 like this.
  16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

So what was the capacity of the cheater tank? I don’t understand how these teams think that they are going to get away with something like that. Everyone knows that the top 5 bikes at the very least are going to go through a post race tech.

17. MotoJames

MotoJames Active Member

There is a fuel capacity limit of 19 liters for the 200

Attached Files:

stk0308 likes this.
  18. Used2befast

19 liters = 5.01 US gal

418 likes this.
  19. redtailracing

Did you actually watch the race?

grapemustard and MotoJames like this.
  20. redtailracing

Going to guess the wrench bike used tank foam, took that into account for capacity, and missed the measurement by a smidge. No way a guy like Aussie Dave tries to pull one over like that, especially on something so obvious. I’m sure it was literally measurement error that missed by a fraction.