1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Of course he wouldn't. The GP paddock has shown it doesn't care about performance outside of Moto3/Moto2. Cam had some impressive races in Moto2 on a bike he was unfamiliar with and with an unproven team, but he never won and wasn't a real title contender.

Roberts is probably our only hope for an American in MotoGP, and even that might be a long shot. We may have to wait until some of the kids racing in Yurup now in lower classes progress.

ajcjr likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

could be… I do see some of the ultraviolet spectrum that most can’t and my color detection out performs automated formula writers for automotive finishes ;)

and ok it’s a reddish fluorescent pinkish color and maybe a tint of orange.. :D they should go all in and use JD Beach and Brandon Paasch pink like real men :crackup:

thank goodness racing starts next week so we can discuss real issues :D

Letitsnow, BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

because a cartoon camel smoking phalic shaped things is less ghey?!? Come on man… they say Honda right on them… that means Ghey in Japanese you know?!? :crackup:

yeah maybe… on the colors… :D

YamahaRick and Quicktoy like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

lol. You’re bored aren’t you?

27 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dude… it’s cold… again!!! I need to get back down to your neck of the woods… might have to drag you to COTA this time…

but yeah… winter sucks and I can’t wait to be done up North with everything soon and never see the cold again… :)

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

I’d love to make a MotoGP round. Never been to one. My close friends went to Indy years ago and bought the Yamaha team shirts. Then a friend gave them an all access paddock pass and they went to Kinkos and made a couple of perfect copies. Then they were walking through the pits and the satellite team at the time stopped from wheeling bikes out to let them walk by. lol.

27 likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Dafuq you talking about, Kemosabe? This has been the warmest-ass winter the 45th Parallel has seen in my lifetime!

27 likes this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Why would Aprilia offer him a ride again...

27 likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I invited you a few years ago as I drove by your shop from Naples to Austin… you had in-laws and a marathon to run or something…

someday we will have to meet up and reminisce about Daytona and lollipop’s and godfather racing and old school days all while watching the GP… seems more fun now then when we were all running around working the entire events from load in to after parties

I could tell years of stories about credentials and passes… you’d think they’d learn that racers are ingenious and will get by with a little help from their friends anyway… that being said Dorna and IRTA were always great to us… only tracks tried to make things difficult at times…

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was 70 last week! Then back in the 20s this morning… I’m just getting old(ER) and grumpy(ER) I guess…. Should already be in FL…

now, where are my white shoes and polyester weasel squeezers?!? :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Pramac colors are . . . different. Prima probably increased the cash they were spending and got to pick more purple on the bike.
    The black? It’s like, how much more black could it be? And the answer is none. None more black.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

So Ducatis in Red, Baby Blue, Black/Purple and Fluorescent Yellow...what a fleet

27 and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Quicktoy

lol it’ll be easy to distinguish them. That’s for sure.

BigBird likes this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I know I was poking fun of the Pramac Duc but holy shit are the VR46 bikes even uglier… I hope Vale did that so Bez and Digi would ride it faster just so they can get off of the ugly things quicker by winning :D

and it’s taken awhile but I think we’ve finally returned to the ugly 80s, actually before my time in racing, but I still have nightmares about all the fluorescent ghey ass colors that I’m sure pink polo sporting @Dave K loved :Poke::p

speaking of 80s colors… who remembers the “Hypercolor” I think it was called fabric that changed colors with temperatures? Nothing like crotches and armpits showing who’s boss…. I remember some girls sports teams that tried them hysterically :D

SundaySocial and Blammo like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wore a set of Zs that Adolf actually called and asked if I was sure. Yeap, dark purple ish blue with fluorescent pink accents and pink ass and back of legs. Loved that suit.

and I’ve never owned a pink polo, that’s for bmw drivers. Pink oxfords from brooks brother, Ya’ dope. :D

27 likes this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Duc should be able to secure a Crayola sponsorship across the board for next year.

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:D I’m probably mixing it all up but in my mind you had a pink preppy popped collar when you unleashed the ash tray furry on whoever it was… damn man… that story was decades ago… :D

Those leathers sound glorious… or at least fabulous :crackup:

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I can usually spot the Ducatis pretty easy because it’s not hard to guess the top ten bikes minus a few Aprilia. lol

Quicktoy likes this.