MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1...i-update-hospital-after-crash-during-test-day

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

IMG_7677.jpeg
    Not bad. 3/10 off the lap record set in 2023.

BigBird and wac like this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Pedro already being that close to Dani, who is a known entity on that bike is awesome......

prm, Circacee, Quicktoy and 4 others like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Impressive. After only 5 days on a MotoGP bike, Acosta would have put himself on the third row in the MotoGP race last year and only 7/10s off pole at a test.

IMG_7684.jpeg IMG_7685.png

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Don't know the whole story & context but Zarco 3rd is interesting.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Pedro needs factory supported development shit so he doesn’t fall behind, the kid is kicking ass. Zarco may be the best thing to happen to HRC since Marquez … if they listen to him.

cbush likes this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Pedro will be a force in a year. The last guy to dominate M2 like that was MM93. I imagine he will be a star by the end of the season.

ducnut and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Quicktoy

I think he’s getting it. He was riding the carbon chassis.

aaronson likes this.
  11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

upload_2024-2-5_9-4-4.png

motion likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm really scratching my head that it took this long for them to use aero/shields for such a simple thing as cooling the front wheel and tire. I mean, you can look at F1 for the past 20 years and see what's been going on. MotoGP seems so far behind when it comes to solving problems.

14. Dan Dubeau

Looks like a heat shield. Possibly to shield the rims/tire from the heat generated by the rotor. That's my guess.

15. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

why only in one spot, with that spot essentially blocking the leading edge airflow?

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

417431497_800144075492052_9123076711323594382_n.jpg

tzrider likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

I've very worried for the rest of the grid about a happy, relaxed Marc that can go out and have fun, on a capable bike, and not have the entire weight of a company on his shoulders pressing for results. I can only imagine how much he's going to return to enjoying life this next year, and I'm pretty envious of that situation.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

No idea. But they probably know more than I do about why they chose that spot lol

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Look closer as you r only seeing the support, you can see coverage behind the disc go all the way around, heat shield is my guess too.

grapemustard likes this.
  20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'd be nervous with something like that sitting inside my wheel. Can't imagine it would be fun if one broke off.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.