Any bankers on here ? Re: privacy violation

Discussion in 'General' started by GarrettRick, Jan 12, 2024.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

All knowing bbs …

Is it illegal or just unethical for a bank teller to access my bank accounts without my authorization. She did not steal money - just snooping. I have a pretty good idea of who she would be snooping for but we know how hard that is to prove.
    She accessed my account 22 times in 3 months , I don’t speak to this banker nor do I have any dealings with her . Odd part is on multiple occasions she accessed my account after 5pm …

I’ve since closed the account and made an issue about it at the bank but not sure it will go anywhere . Am I wrong to be highly aggravated about it and let it go or keep poking ?

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Real issue, push very hard. Regardless of bank size.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Bet some state bank regulators that would like to hear about that.

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I agree. Major issue, don't stop ringing that bell until they do something about it.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How do you know that she accessed your account? Just curious as I’ve never heard of this and if it was me, I’d be making a very big deal about it.

BrentA likes this.
  6. GarrettRick

I requested the logs of all employees that accessed my account . I was surprised they made them available to me on request. The banker that printed out the records for me made a report immediately and wouldn’t say anything other than “that’s really odd”
    He then told me if I talk to the police before I speak with a bank manager they won’t communicate with me directly , only thru a lawyer. I thought that was “odd” to mention to me since I didn’t even bring up involving cops. I feel kind of bad if the lady loses her job over it but it’s a fafo deal.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  7. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

What sparked your interest to make the request? I’ve never even thought about doing that so just curious.

Boman Forklift and BrentA like this.
  8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Don't forget to leverage local, national, and social media outlets to spread the word. You might be the leader of a future class action suit.

9. GarrettRick

I’m currently in a shitty legal situation with a family member, I’m paranoid. My hunch proved true. I’d never thought of it before hand. There’s nothing really great to see in there other than where I spend money and my location history but it’s still make me uncomfortable.

I believe she was passing info to the person who I’m in court with …it’s the only thing that makes sense if she wasn’t stealing $

BrentA likes this.
  10. lopitt85

I wouldn't feel bad if someone lost their job for snooping in my account at the behest of someone else.

They chose to put thier job on the line doing shady shit, not me. Maybe they'll make better decisions next time after learning a much needed lesson.

tophyr, SundaySocial, HPPT and 3 others like this.
  11. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

If she's not fired already, will be. Personal access with no need to know, strike one. Sharing info, massive strike 2. Person asking for and receiving info could be at risk for Criminal charges too.

notbostrom and GarrettRick like this.
  12. GarrettRick

I try to limit my whining to the bbs , I don’t wanna be on the news :D

Banditracer likes this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I've been dealing with it for years. For instance if you deposit x amount from selling say a bike or car for over 10k you may be redirected and passed to their local branch personal finance service staff. And then you may get the hard push to switch your total portfolio to their bank, so just say no.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Motherfucker would only say that once.

Then he’d be the ex bank manager.

15. rpm894

rpm894 Well-Known Member

Talk to your lawyer in the current legal matter.

16. GarrettRick

It was a personal banker who told me that giving me a heads up, I didn’t take it like that but I see how you could. The bank manager hasn’t called me yet with any type of resolution or excuses yet.

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Why? I think I’d rather talk to the bank’s counsel over a bank manager.

18. lopitt85

I think I'd take that the same way you did. Banker gave you a heads up as if to say...get the info you want from the bank manager now before you ever mention law enforcement, because after you mention them he won't communicate with you outside of a lawyer.

Jedb and GarrettRick like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If it's a "bank", Google CFPB.

If it's a credit union, Google NCUA.

State AG either way.

Someone in a heap of trouble.

Can't say more than that.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Subpoenas are your friend.

I suspect you’ll be (or your lawyer will be) issuing a bunch of them.