1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I regularly have to talk myself out of buying again even though it's the cheapest the remember saying it since it entered my potential buying universe. I have kicked my addiction to China but it's a daily struggle. That communist party will hurt a brother.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don' remember how much I paid, maybe around $100, but unfortunately I'm still holding that sucker?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I tried to help you get out.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ha, next time you think it is a good selling time, let me know. :)

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think it could be a while.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

same boat bout the same price ugh, when i bought it i thought i was the smartest person ever

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

At least you guys are only down 20-30%. Those are rookie numbers. You gotta pump those losses up if you want Bird & Motion to notice you. :D

also i just looked at it and they have been killing their EPS estimates the last few qtrs and going no where...that cant be good.

aaronson, sanee and BigBird like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I once held that garbage at $300 (up 50% or more) and rode it all the way down back to $200 where I sold it for what I paid for it. I tried again a few more times in the $150-$90 range, each time breaking even then waiting for another round at a lower point until I gave up. I started to think that at some point it would stop bouncing back for a breakeven exit.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I paid $207 in Feb '21. Luckily it's only 4 shares (still holding).

10. Tristan

Anyone smart enough to get into NVDA before it blew up?

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Not sure about smart, as I wasn't the one that bought it. (Financial Planner did). But it was bought around 200 I'm guessing, went up, went down to 140, and now is near 500. I'm bummed the planner didn't buy more when it was below 200.

It's better I don't follow these things every day, as I would likely go nuts and make bad decisions. Just let the planner buy it and forget it for a few years.

BigBird likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

FedEx delivering the Christmas gift I did not ask for today. I am not enjoying December so far.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I truly am sorry. :D

:D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

See, now unless you're planning on buying some soon, that's just mean and I am looking forward to karma rectifying the situation. :moon:

It's still up around 58% in the 14 months or so I've owned it, so I'll live. But I am having a lot of regrets about a biotech I played all wrong. I blinked last week and experienced the swiftest turnaround I've ever been a victim of.

auminer likes this.
  15. Tristan

BTD!?!?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Huh? :confused:

17. Tristan

Buy The Dip!

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, I don't want more now. I should have bought more last year.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

At Motion & Bird we love to BTC

Buy The Cliff...what could go wrong?

motion and BigBird like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do I have any other Uber comrades left in here since @Gorilla George vanished? What's the mood on that? I've been having a major dilemma.