MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

cbush likes this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm not normally a big podcast guy, but that one was great. Simon is awesome.

cbush likes this.
  3. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Fucking Word!

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Paolo Ciabatti admitted to GPOne that Marc Marquez is one of the contenders for the Ducati Factory team in 2025

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Duh, after he kicks the entire field's dicks into their throats, he'll likely get moved onto the lead spaghetti machine. Afterall, he's Repsol good.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's only going to last until Marquez slides that folded piece of paper across the table.

ShadowBoxer, cpettit and BigBird like this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see Repsol as part of the deal for wherever Marc is at for 25.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I dunno.... will Ducati pay MM's asking price?

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think Ducati has proven to themselves it is the bike and not completely the rider. Just like Honda used to believe.

So if Marquez wins it next year, I don’t think they will pay him and like their chances with 8 bikes and 8 good riders.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Agreed.... why would they pay him if they're fairly certain a factory Ducati will win the championship anyways.

27 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm telling y'all's asses: don't underestimate what Honda is cooking up for '25.

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Honda is gonna improve their bike, but not that much. So they will offer a massive paycheck. I would guess that Ducati won't offer half as much even for the factory seat. They WANT MM, but they certainly don't NEED him.

Afterall, no matter what, a Ducati will probably have 3/4 of the top 5.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They have already massively changed the bike, and that's only the '24. With the new rules, they now have a full year of unrestricted development in new versions of front of them. They don't need to make something that's better than the Ducati. They just need something that's not too much worse. With the paycheck, that will bring him back home.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yeah, mr post quote… remember wherever I said he wins on the Duc next year and goes back to Honda for 25 :D

how mad will Rossi be when they boot little bro to take MM back? :)

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

27 and motion like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I had a satellite team I’d be smooching honder ass to get their bikes for 24 and on.
    They seemed pissed and a pissed off honder is going to be dangerous.

brex and The Great One like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Must be why Paolo is leaving?:D

BigBird likes this.
  18. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

MM will go to KTM and follow that Red Bull money.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was convinced of that also but lately, don’t know.

As for Ducati, Ducati doesn’t need him, won’t pay his price (they can get 6 GP riders and two wsbk riders for less), monster won’t buy his Red Bull contract out out and he might be more trouble than he’s worth in their scheme of things.

The Great One likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

umm the red bull money seems to follow him

HPPT likes this.