1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 20 | Valencia | Spain | Nov 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Lots of rumors that Marini is going to Repsol Honda only because Davide Brivio is replacing Puig. Brivio denies he is leaving Alpine. So we will see.

But I think the move would make a lot of sense for everyone. And I think it'd be interesting to have Brivio replace Puig...basically polar opposites when it comes to giving interviews.

Circacee likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The look on his face was that of a pedophile going after their prey. It was creepy as fuck. if I were Martin, I would have grazed him.

BigBird likes this.
  3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Bags qualifies P2 after having to go through Q1! Maverick on pole! Martin P6! Should be a great Tissot Sprint at 9 a.m. Eastern time Saturday!

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

It's on!

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That makes tomorrow way more interesting...... Great race.

BigBird and pfhenry like this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That was a very vigorous checkered flag waving....

Good race. I guess Diggia is really heading to Ducati VR46.....

7. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Digi with the wingman award.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I don’t think Bez or Diggia were ever passing Bagnaia. Edit: wish Quart would have stayed up.

And whoever that singer was “waving” the checkered flag should not be there.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I really hate team orders.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Great work for Martin, and it was nice to see Marquez take that POS onto the podium.

Wish Digi would have passed Bagnaia

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    cpettit and BigBird like this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

I'm not sure that was "team orders" more than it was a guy with no contract for next year, trying to secure his future.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

No idea who she was but she did have that One Hit Wonder vibe.

....and really boring in bed(!).... :D

prm and IL8APEX like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

At least it makes tomorrow exciting.

Aero sucks in that you don't see those T1 passes on the brakes any longer. It has to be done on the straight or you get in the dirty air and sucked in.

14. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Martin's comments on the podium had some pointed qualifiers pointed Michelin's direction... In his mind if he loses tomorrow the championship will always have an asterisk. We shall see.

-T

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm pretty pumped to see Martin back in it for tomorrow, but he has a huge hill to climb. There's NO WAY any of the Ducs are going to pass Pecco in the race. We see that Pecco goes soft and conservative when the title is on the line, rather than fight like Martin does, so I expect to see him get his 5th place tomorrow. Hope it goes Martin's way though!

16. Dan Dubeau

Pecco has to worry about playing it too safe, dropping him back into the clutches of the guys who don't GAF. Marc leaving rubber on martins shoulder, Fabio almost crashing him out, tires cooling off....he's gotta push at least a little bit to stay up in the top 5. Martin is going to race for the win. It's going to be good that's for sure. I think Pecco will finish on the podium. Martin will be on the top step or gravel trap.

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Maybe the spanish riders will support Jorge. I’m grasping..

18. Dan Dubeau

Yeah, one spanish rider already tried to support him in the sprint by propping him up with his front tire

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Or take out the championship leader. There are no obvious passing zones here. Unless you blow a corner (like Binder did allowing Martin through) you are going to have to stuff it up the inside and risk contact.

Of course it is 2023 now, so the epistemy-de-jour has to favor some alterno reality.
    (look @motion -- no concatenations!)

20. Dan Dubeau

Ya, there's that too. No "easy" way through around here.