1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down sizing ( getting rid of stuff)

Discussion in 'General' started by Photo, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Are you two implying I'm a cheap f..k? I'm way less frugal than I used to be. Having kids will do that to you.

HaHaHaHa, now I do remember that, and your comment makes sense now. I don't remember the numbers, but I think it was .50-1 a gallon difference, and I hate to blatantly get bent over. There is a Chevron gas station, around the corner from where I normally fill up. That place is consistently $1-1.75 more per gallon. Not that long ago, all grades were 7.xx and where I go was 5.xx at that time. This morning I only paid 4.39, but I know it is 2.69 in AZ.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    27 and YamahaRick like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m not implying it Dude! I flat out repeating what you told us :Poke::crackup:

Damn now you remember:D

And damn now you’re repeating yourself gramps! All those old ladies you were doing in your youth must’ve aged you with their vagisilled snatches. :crackup:

tell us… it it true? Do they taste like the Great Depression? :crackup:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Hey BEEEEE AAAA CCCCCHHHH!!!! What repeating are you talking about the Chevron example is recent when the prices really shot up? I was replying to the comments as they came up.
    Unlike you I went after the clean ones. :crackup:

27 likes this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You just re-told the story again like back in the good ol days… :D

They came after me!!! And the Taco Bell chick was super clean, (damn it now I’m hungry) she just had just the hippy chick clothing style that I love… best of both worlds… damn… for what it’s worth she was also the hair braider….

unlike the rest of you slutbags I have a very limited history to choose from :crackup::Poke:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The thread title should read "Downsizing", otherwise you are specifying goose feathers.

Carry on. :beer:

Photo likes this.
  6. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Recently lost my brother whom I worked for for 33 years. He was a car and computer guy. He never threw stuff out. He never took the protective plastic off any electronics. Yeah I know. When he passed it was hard. Going through his life and filling dumpsters with stuff he couldn't let go of was very difficult to endure. Spare your loved ones the dire duty.
    Peace

27, Once a Wanker.. and boxcrash like this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'll probably live here till I'm dead. Actually I'll probably die doing something stupid out in the backyard. Downsizing will be the job of the auctioneer. I'll just keep building more sheds until then. Kids can have their pick of the tools and whatever else they want, then just have one big farm auction where everything goes, and what doesn't goes to the scrapyard.

Motofun352 likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Highly recommend riding the 350 and the 500 before deciding. My 2017 350 is buttery smooth as compared to my buddy’s 2020 500, and the butt dyno power difference is negligible.

Also, going from riding my buddy’s 500 to my 690 is pretty ridiculously different in terms of power and vibrations (long winded way of saying you should check out the 690 as well, depending on what type of riding you’re looking to do).

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

How do you determine if someone is super clean? Is it just the sniff test? Underwear check? Recent blood test? You know sperm can stay viable inside a woman for up to 3 days!

10. Boman Forklift

A few years ago I rode a KTM350, I think it was a 2012. It felt about the same speed wise, as the 05 CR250R 4 stroke I have, which had something done to the engine before I bought it? The KTM was more comfortable, I think it had handlebar risers? But the fact it is electric start, with a kickstand and street-able made me want to get one someday.

My buddy bought that 1 year old for around 7k and they still trade around 6-7k.

I’ve never ridden the 500, and the magazine articles go back and forth on which is better? It would probably be used mostly in the dirt and the occasional street ride to some localish trails, but I would usually haul it wherever we go ride as that is usually 1-2 hours away.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've been doing dump loads for a couple summers now. Have probably thrown away $300K of perfectly good stuff. I have so much motorcycle racing stuff... parts, trophies, gear, bikes, etc... my family knows this crap is who I am, so I would hate for them to have to get rid of it. I know nobody wants it. Totally looking forward to the day when I have so few items I could move into another house in a half day.

27, Photo and BigBird like this.
  12. SuddenBraking

The 350s and 500s are detuned so won't be anywhere near what you'd expect power wise from a comparable MX platform bike. For instance, I think my 350 makes about the same horsepower as a 250 MX bike.

Deciding what kind of dirt is the main issue. The gnarlier and single track-y the riding, the more it's gonna favor a 350. If you're not doing slower technical stuff, I'd take a look at the 690 adventure - that's the best street riding bike by far, and is plenty capable enough on 99.9% of tracks.

I've got a 690 SMCR that I've got an adventure setup for and have been using that more frequently to ride to the trailhead than haul my 350 for that hourlong ride. My logic is that I don't get to ride enough because of work and family, so I'm happy to give up the last 5% of off road ability on the trail for two more hours of riding (to and from the trail).

More riding = more gooder.

13. Boman Forklift

One of the places I like to go ride is Gorman and it is almost 2 hours away. It is full of single track, which is the part I really enjoy. I don’t honestly think I’m a good enough rider, to ride that on a heavy ish street bike. I’ve had problems before on my KX250 2 stroke, getting up some gnarly hill climbs when I’m tired at the end of the day. Maybe if I were doing a ride to Alaska with a bunch of off road, that 690 would be my bike?

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

When are you planning an Alaska ride? 2035?

15. SuddenBraking

If gnarly hill climbs and single track is your jam, I think you’re gonna want to favor the tree fiddy.

16. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

Oh man sorry to hear this. That sucks and yeah you always wonder will people value, or will it bring value to those you leave behind?
    Are these investments(instead of spending all your money, like a savings for those that have a hard time saving) or monetary burdens?

If I would have known, could have gave life to something to live on. Looking for a Panasonic CD-ROM drive model # CR-572-B. Seems these older CD-ROM low speed drives are junk to most, I need one for something specific.

17. Boman Forklift

That sounds pretty good can I book you then to go along? I actually still enjoy work, but that is one thing retirement would buy is going on more rides. But since I haven’t even ridden on the street for probably 5 years, that isn’t a great excuse. My only street bike is an old Buell Ulysses. I think the injectors are clogged, and just haven’t had the desire to wrench on it, to then deal with texting car drivers in traffic.

But if that were a decent bike to head up to Alaska on, I could be convinced to do that with you in the next year or so? You are my Sherpa, Lolol.

18. Boman Forklift

Well the good thing about that size is my best friend has the 350 I rode one time, and I liked it. But when I realized the 500 weighs 1lb more and in the used market they are also priced similar, I started wondering?

19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I wish I was brave like you guys. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff that has some value but I don't want to throw away or take the time to sell. I have some gas rc plane and helicopter stuff I should just pitch or give away but I can't quite do it. I also have non-race motorcycles that don't need much to get running again but I just don't have the time.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  20. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ya know, i've thought about this a lot but lead a pretty contained life so not a shit ton of extraneous stuff. Since I have no spouse and only 1 adult child who'll get everything. While I have things important to me, i've made it very clear that while I may find something important, I have no expectation anyone else will. So do as you will as I won't be here to care. I think a lot of people feel guilty if they don't feel the same about a loved ones "things". Better to get that out in the open beforehand!

tl1098, dave3593 and Boman Forklift like this.