Top ten (or so) bands of all time in your life?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 2, 2023.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Interestingly earlier today a few old Green Day songs came up on my feed this afternoon. I used to be a bit of a fan back in the day, their first two albums for the most part. It's a shame they went all super woke and progressive in the time since then...maybe they always were I just wasn't paying attention as a kid back then.

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Not sure why people hate on Maynard, if you’ve ever seen him live you’d know how good of a voice he has. I’m seeing them in a few weeks, can’t wait to see some live Danny Carey again, dude is an insane drummer.

27 likes this.
  3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Did you notice that almost all these racer types have thrashey metalic music in their list.

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Tray Batey rocks death metal before races :D

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ve only been to about 20 Tool concerts starting with the second stage at lalapalooza and every tour obviously with that number… but.. he is the weakest link by far and the music towers above his vocals like him hiding in the back on stage like he should… that being said they are my absolute favorite band and I absolutely would enjoy it without his vocals or anyone’s

and … I’m a signer that loves voices as there irreplaceable instruments of music….

Danny is the best drummer ever followed by Jimmy Chamberlin in my book.

Spiral out man! Enjoy the show!:rock::rock::bow::bow:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I definitely didn't see that last one coming! :crackup:

pawpawrc likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I popped when I read it. :crackup:

Everyone has one of those out of left field bands. I have two. :crackup:

pawpawrc and t11ravis like this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Where is @britx303 ? He’s usually in these music threads… too much action in his workplace this week?

britx303 likes this.
  9. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t really get it either, but I like a lot of the 80’s new wave shit. My wife thinks I’m weird because I love some Tina Turner too. At the same time I always HATED glam rock shit, lumped GNR into that one too just because it was so overplayed on the radio.

t11ravis likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

be an interesting thread down the road but mine are Erasure and Morrisey.

Love me some Erasure. :crackup:

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Mine is so mixed I don’t think I could narrow down the one of these things…

new wave from the Cars to Til Tuesday… then stuff like Enigma… I never claimed to be normal for sure

I don’t think I saw any of the female vocalists from that thread we did awhile back on any list either…. And yeah I only listed two bands

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No one listed Pet Shop Boys? For shame.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was hair/glam/classic rocking through that flock of sea rats faze I think… I was easily agitated and hated that stupid half cartoon half real life video whoever that was

14. pickled egg

Oh now you’re getting your ass kicked.

Take on me!

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

No dude!

Take me On!

for fucks sake I actually laughed…. Not sure if that’s sad or more funny :confused::D

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

gonahed and post your favorite video… it’s relatable…I just remembered the ghey ass motorcycle in the end…. :Poke:

17. pickled egg

Imma beat your ass.

WHAM!

:crackup:

27 likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t know anything about Wham but that George
    Michael Freedom video was so damn hot when I was a teen… hell im sure it’s still hot… imna go look at some supermodels baths times and blowing up pianos…. BRB

19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

While you're searching Youtube for 80s spank bank material, don't forget the Whitesnake videos and Chris Isaac.

pickled egg and 27 like this.
  20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

My guilty pleasure is the ska. From The Specials to Bosstones and even further back.