1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His current team is not keeping him next year. I don't know if he has found a job somewhere else yet.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Hard to judge from his smile if he has landed a new contact or not

3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

So they’re reporting now that KTM may have Acosta stay in Moto2 next year due to contracts locked. What’s really to keep Repsol from giving him Marquez’s seat if he goes to Gresini. Common denominator being RedBull contract and Spanish Oil money over the Austrians. That would be interesting if HRC truly gets their shit straight with a new bike and motor next year.

4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Are they adding a third bike to Ajo team? Already announced Oncu and Vietti for Acosta’s current team. If they really think Pedro is the real deal I would have thought they would have moved Pol.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

@ttt637 yeah, if he brought in the cash they need. ;)

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I heard Pedro was teasing this past weekend he may stay in Moto2 next year. He’s young enough where it won’t matter as long as he can stay uninjured. It will just give him another year of bettering himself before stepping up to the big class.

7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Acosta wants to hop on that dumpster fire. The injuries alone with the current Honda roster would be a huge turn off.

Staying one more year in Moto2 while Binder and Jack get the bike dialed in with KTM doesn't seem like the worst move.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Acosta seemed very adamant about not staying in Moto2 just a couple of weeks ago. I wonder what would change his mind so quickly? A lack of other viable options? A "bonus" paid by KTM?

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Acosta is going to the gas gas bike

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Acosta won't waste 2024 on Moto 2. He's done.

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Is Acosta on a KTM contract?

M. Marquez leaves, Repsol Honda should sign him. Repsol would like a Spanish superstar, Honda has some cash after dropping Mark, and HRC could sign Brivio as well. That’s a path to the future.

edit: for KTM, do you want Pol or Pedro for 24-25? Seems an easy decision to me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Latest reports from an hour ago saying Pol and Acosta on the GasGas bikes.

I like Pol, but he's had his time in GP. Think Fernandez should have been allowed to stay.

Chango and MachineR1 like this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That would be very disappointing to me. Augusto, the only rookie in the field, has been making significant progress. Pol is not the future. He is 32, been in MotoGP 9 or 10 years, and never won a race in 160 starts. I don’t think he’ll suddenly become a threat.

cpettit, MachineR1 and Quicktoy like this.
  14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised Pol wouldn't accept a test rider contract for 2-3 years or something. He had a nasty injury not too long ago and is 32. I get that these guys all want to win, but it doesn't sit well with me that Fernandez is getting booted after doing quite a respectable job this year.

sharky nrk and prm like this.
  15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Agreed with all that but the test rider thing - they already have the best test rider in the Biz in Dani who just resigned - Yamaha has Cal, Pirro is doing great at Ducati, but Aprilia IMO would be smart to hire Pol and sack their guy.

Circacee likes this.
  16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Yea, boning Raul & Remy was a douche move since Tech 3 doesn’t seem to be up to par with the rest of the satellites as of late, be a shame to see Augusto done that way also. Savadori is a pretty good test rider and even though he doesn’t have the race pedigree of Cal at Yam, he’s done a significantly better job developing the bike.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does Tech 3 get to chose their riders? Might have some limited input but I’d bet KTM decides who rides where for them.

The Great One and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hervé Poncharal is very unhappy with the way KTM is treating Fernandez.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Isn't he always deeply unhappy though?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I mean, he’s French.