MotoAmerica | Round 8 | Circuit of the Americas | 8-10 Sept

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Aug 22, 2023.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

same here. never had ANY issues watching live plus on the MA site, until this weekend.

cav115 and 418 like this.
  2. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

The great thing (Narrator: 'not that great') is that approximately a dozen US residents care about the outcome of MA races. There's almost no chance of stumbling across a result before the race shows up on YT (unless MA themselves post a YT short with a revealing tittle, which happened after Pitt).

What's the story with SS races only getting highlights?

R1Racer99 likes this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Interesting point to bring up.

The MotoAmerica thread from this weekend is twice as long as the MotoGP one and five times as long as WSBK on here.

Just a couple years ago I remember things being very different. We were lucky to make it past page one...

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I listened to the Talking Motorbikes Podcast with Ken Hill, and he was saying the Next Gen bikes actually have 3 maps they can choose from.

I am guessing this is the unintended consequences of the multiple rebalances they have done this season- One balance they may take out timing to cut off corner acceleration- then they give Yamaha the ported head, and they give back some acceleration and take away top speed by limiting the butterflies. This has happened a few times now so there's several "legal" maps, and some suit COTA better than others.

If this is correct, I don't think that was the intention of the rule and the mandate of the Mektronik ECU. It was supposed to be one map provided by MA and verified at Tech.

cav115, ToofPic, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Chris Pearson

Chris Pearson Member

I made the 4 hour drive to take in Sunday's race for my first stand alone event. I've been to Moto GP twice when they had MA as the last races of the day and the crowd heads for the exit before the flag drops. I was hoping to run into Wayne Rainey to let him know the current Texas weather has been brutal all year and not to give up on coming back here. I was in the stands under the overhead and it wasn't bad. I enjoyed the action and spending time in the paddock talking to riders and teams. I would love to see the HD factory get behind the Pan Am in Super Hooligans like what Indian has done with the FTR (I've raced the XR 1200 and own a Pan Am so I guess I'm a fan boi). There were a lot of people around me wearing Harley swag.

My only issue with this event was the ticket price for a single day was too high but I understand they are trying to cover costs and I'm a supporter so I put up the money.

6. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

They didn't have a race in August.

7. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Superbike Race 2 was not up on Live Plus so I watched it on YouTube. Why am I paying for Live Plus? And as of now it still is not up.

Edit: I am paying because I love what MotoAmerica has done for racing in the US, But fuck man it did piss me off to have to watch the race on You Tube.

Boom, yuengling910, ToofPic and 6 others like this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup.

Also, how is it that you can't rewatch stuff like that pit walk that we got screwed out of yesterday because of technical issues?

This is the second year I've subsribed, with everyting being posted between FB and YT anyways I'm not seeing the value as a paying customer.

Boom, ToofPic, A. Barrister and 3 others like this.
  9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

It was on the website.
    I was somewhat disappointed and thought “How could they miss this”, and looked around.
    If you looked at the ENTIRE list, they posted it as the first video for the weekend. (!) :mad:
    MotoA’s subscription service should auto sort in a chronological order.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  10. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

There it is hidden behind Super Hooligans first practice. Thanks

11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Overall I liked how it was setup.

Above the garages you had an open air shaded area with beer available. It was mostly breezy and was OK to watch the staight and T1.

They had shuttles out to between the two bridges. You could go above the esses or walk over to T15 and sit under the bridge in the shade or go into a small section of T15 bleachers. BUT!!!! There was NOBODY over selling water or beer or anything. That was a huge mistake i think. Everyone that walked us by bitched about that.

I didn't hang out over at the main stands, just walked through but they had food and drinks there. pretty sur ethe bar on level 2 was open but can't comfirm.

I liked it better than MotoGP and I've been to every one of the COTA rounds. I always watch the racing when I get home because COTA is as bas as Aragon for being able to see more than a couple corners.

Oh, I'm a big fan of Spore Tittayyyy :)

12. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Complaining is part of the deal around here, but I stream every race weekend. Either on my Roku TV, or my Android phone. I rarely have any issues, and I haven't been prevented from watching what I want. My only current complaint is they are free streaming on YouTube what I pay for, but that should negate most other complaints/tech issues.

Streaming is a tough game, and DORNA has fricked it up plenty. I'm still happy to support MA.

cav115, SundaySocial and ToofPic like this.
  13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Totally unrelated but .............

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Do they allow you to bring your own drinks and coolers?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depending on the water the blowers are much quicker to access.

cav115 likes this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

And cheaper to operate :D

17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Had to watch super bike race 2 on YouTube. Probably will pay next year but the web interface using my fire tv fucking sucks.at least they got rode off the podium speeches all mixed in with the races.

Boom likes this.
  18. L1MTD

L1MTD Well-Known Member

I don’t think I’ve watched a SBK race on the app all year. After waiting 3 hours the first few races for it to post, I just watched it on YouTube.

Bizarre to prioritize putting it on YouTube first then waiting until the trailers have left the track to post it for paying subscribers.

backbone, Senna, ungwaha and 3 others like this.
  19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The only thing I can figure is they are considering ditching the app all together, and going to a paid YouTube channel. So they are essentially beta testing. It would probably save them a good bit of money on app development.

Senna, 418, lopitt85 and 1 other person like this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I didn't ave any issues with the website this weekend, but did watch the SBK2 race on ytube since I couldn't find it on ma+. I like watching some of the stuff that is between races on the live broadcast and am afraid it wouldn't make it to the Ytube channel. I will continue to subscribe, even if it isn't perfect.

cav115 and Dragginass like this.