Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Y’all are both kinda right imho………just saying :D

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

X plus Y =bbs

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what did the Honder RS250 cost 20+ years ago?? 13 or 15 thou? You could be into them for $20,000 by the time you got a flurry of spares together to go race...

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Supply and demand?

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That ZX400 fucks and I’m gonna get one ASAP.

So what was your point again?

6. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Where do you guys like to sell dirt bikes these days? It doesn't feel like people use craigslist much anymore. I have it on Facebook marketplace. Where else should I post? Selling my 2017 350 EXC-F

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I bought an RMX250 yesterday and found it on Marketplace. You are correct, almost no one is listing dirt bikes on Craigslist anymore (at least in my area).

[​IMG]

TurboBlew, britx303 and Sabre699 like this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Good luck with the new beast.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Maybe somewhere like Thumpertalk or Vital? Sometimes listing it in region-specific buy/sell groups on FB helps, too.

10. SuddenBraking

You got any worthwhile upgrades to the 350? I've got a 2017 Husky 350 and am always interested in upgrades.........

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

fb link... tons of em sold here.
    KTM/Husky/Berg/GasGas “Austrian” Swap Meet USA

12. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

nah, protection upgrades only

13. pro69ss

pro69ss Well-Known Member

Advrider.com

14. SuddenBraking

Also, why are you selling?

15. TurboBlew

Um www.KTMtalk.com??? or put it on CL motorcycle parts section as a "part out" or sell whole. Just use the relay system.
    Unfortunately you will likely get a flurry of "still available?" inquiries...

16. TurboBlew

what do you plan on doing with it??

17. rd400racer

It's actually my son's bike, I just had to drive to pick it up. We have a pretty good crew from Louisville that participates in VMD's. This year he and I road raced while other guys did the hare scramble. Next year we want to do the double. I've got a 96 YZ250 so he needed something and this RMX popped up. Gives us plenty of time to get back to dirt and it's been a while.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

As of the past year... I knit a group of 20 dirtbike friends that trail ride or race. Just spent ~4 days up in North GA tackling some awesome trails with a few friends.
    On the drive back I was chatting with a friend who has a teenaged son that went to Camp Bernie in NJ this summer & took the dirtbike course. His kid is officially hooked...lol.
    My buddy got "sticker shock" as the cost of a decent starter bike for his kid. Just advised him to lookout for a CRF230 or TTR225 for himself as a chaser that he could still have fun on.

MELK-MAN and rd400racer like this.
  19. rd400racer

We started out looking for those two exact bikes, but when we got this RMX for $2K we couldn't pass it up. Yeah, we'll probably put another grand into it but we'll have a dependable, fun bike.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

Well 1 day into our trip... my buddy's brand new BETA 300 shit the bed. He was forced to ride a borrowed KLX140 the rest of the trip. He actually had more fun on it than the BETA. :D