Uh…that’s a hard no from me dawg

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 19, 2023.

1. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

The thing receives navigation by txt message and is controlled by a Logitech game controller.
    And apparently some of the lights came from a home improvement store.
    This is like Wylie Cayote & Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated teamed up to make a sub.

969, TurboBlew, SteveThompson and 2 others like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I think some you guys are getting too caught up in the "carbon fiber" comment.
    Pretty positive it wasnt some dude in a small warehouse laying pre-preg by hand.

Real engineering had to be done before manufacturing this thing.

Were mistakes done, very possibly. I wonder if they issued an emergency as soon as they lost contact, or they waited the whole 8 hours the dive was planed for, hoping it would come back up.

Some of the theories are that it could tangled on the wreckage of the Tatanic.

Doubt they will be found, shitty way to go.

upload_2023-6-21_9-3-6.png

3. RS250Ape

4. RS250Ape

5. RS250Ape

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I found it interesting one of the articles said the older diver on board would have known the search and rescue protocol of banging on shit for 3 minutes on the hour and the half hour.

Pretty soon they'll be asleep and that will stop. Then they'll stop the rescue effort.

sharkattack likes this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’m betting Phineas and Perry could’ve built a better sub. Just sayin…

dtalbott likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

There are billionaires on board. They will not stop the rescue effort. The resources thrown at this will be plenty

9. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Unless said billionaire happens to fancy bourbon and 7up

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Wouldn’t there be a way to unbolt it from the inside, like as an emergency escape mechanism?

11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Holy crap, I didn't realize they had to sit cross-legged on the floor the whole trip. I'm way too claustrophobic to be able to handle that for 10 minutes, let alone 8 hours. 2+ days of that ... I can't imagine.

969 and sharkattack like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Crisscross applesauce for that long would be torture just by itself.

britx303 likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They are all in deep hypothermia at this point. It is awfully cold down there if you run out of power.

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

fb link..
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10100910738152369&set=a.519352588219

Demetrius Hardaway
    rndoSetpostmd9e6yaa0te:g7Ar1Mc4h12siY0u09lu 13 i4158g0c6i cl ·
    Ok so let me get this right…these folks decided to hop in a mini pill, called the titan! It’s not even a submarine, it’s a submersible device that has to use another device to be able to even come back up!
    Then, they can’t even get out themselves because they are bolted in from the outside….
    Then, this experimental device isn’t even approved
    Then…..if all fails with this device, theirs literally no other device that can go down to even retrieve it, only video devices to TRY and look for it to see where it’s at!
    Then….the device doesn’t have the ability to even find the titanic, it has to text another device who will guide it
    Then to even get down there, they basically have to do a free for all drop and hope they don’t fall into the actual titanic and get stuck or hit anything
    So y’all really thought it was a good idea?!

Steeltoe, 418 and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Nope, articles say it gets bolted from the outside (17 Bolts). No way to get out from the inside.

MELK-MAN and sharkattack like this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Assuming they're still alive and the O2 levels get lower and lower I'd imagine they basically just asphyxiate and get high and nod off to sleep......in total darkness. If there's a lot of shit vapors floating around in there I'd imagine the O2 may be even lower.

You know they've pissed themselves and puked as well so atmospheric air isn't going to be great.

Terrible way to go

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah, 5 minutes max, sitting Indian style locks me up:p

Lawdog78 likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've known people who spent a lot less money to kill themselves in one stupid manner or another.

19. rwdfun

rwdfun

Since we are in the business of conjecture. Anyone thinking with all these rich beotches on board foul play might be possible. I mean if you are an heir and daddy aint giving you enough allowance, might be a devious way to take the key to the bank account.

The person that did that might be in for a surprise if they thought they would also get a life insurance policy. Back when I did a little resort diving I seem to recall that insurance companies often void payouts for diving injuries/deaths. Seems that hobby is too dangerous

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member