Here come the Chinese... again

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 12, 2023.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

People filling time waiting for the next Cirque du Soleil routines to hit town?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's terrible. Imagine the most emotionless boring movie you've ever seen.

And they're really weird.

And it's essentially a fund raiser for Falun Gong.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This thread is lacist.

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

ROR!

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I see these Chinese cultural productions all over the place. I always assumed they were CCCP funded attempts at softening anti-Chinese sentiment, or attempts at making inroads for Belt and Road initiatives.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've been around a lot of displaced Russkies in SE Asia for the past couple months and honestly, they seem to behave quite well. I've been pretty surprised.

I remember being in a van somewhere in Russia packed full of Russkies with their luggage. We made a stop and a lady in the van got out by literally throwing our luggage out the van door into the street and walking away. Another time, a lady in an elevator at a Moscow airport pulled my luggage out of the elevator and tossed it on the floor so she could fit in the elevator. LOL freaking amazing. They are dog-eat-dog over there, just like the Chinese.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope spy dens

motion likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, its an interesting culture. My last flight was a long ass flight, multiple countries, multiple layovers. There is a single file line for the check in, this Chinese guy keeps inching closer to me from behind over a 20 min period until he is standing beside me, the line isn't moving any faster, it's a fucking line. So he decides he wants to move past two of us, tapped his shoulder and said, doesn't matter where you are at in the world buddy, a line is a line and a que is a que.

Don't get me started on my Saipan flights, usually 1-2- 3 am landing. Was on an entire plane of Chinese tourist. At 2 am there was the tour guide shouting out for what I assume is their hotel and bus. It's a US common wealth so it was kind of surreal the last time when you have a US citizen line and a foreigner line. I was the only one in the line out of maybe 200 passengers, fastest ever immigration!!

motion likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That reminds me, I gotta try to get to Guam and Saipan this trip.

10. auminer

I literally just had a great idea for a side business for you.

They make wicker baskets and shit like that in the area of the world you're in right now, correct?

Find a manufacturer there and get them to design a varied line of Western themed wicker baskets, you know, with barbed wire, stars and horseshoes and cow head silhouettes and shit.

Ship them from a warehouse back in Montana under the name ""HELENA HANDBASKETS"".

You'll make meeeelions!

I want my cut for the idea, though.

Steeltoe, motion and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

¿Qué?

britx303 likes this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Queue. Watch that turn up in Wordle soon! :D

13. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

It's a peculiar Oriental mindset that says, "If I don't look at you, you don't exist." I think it's a psychological defense from living in close quarters with millions of neighbors. Makes for tons of hilarious scooter crash videos.

14. auminer

I see someone hasn't yet done today's octordle rescue...

Yzasserina likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

It could work, but I aint doing it. You can never underestimate what people in Montana are willing to put in their homes in the name of creating their version of frontier living. Dead animals all over the walls is pretty standard practice.

16. auminer

The cow skulls are all the rage around here. Fuckin disgusting. And mind boggling.

I do have a former customer who had elephant tusks and a stuffed lion in his house. That just pissed me off.

motion and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well what the fuck do you expect, cow skulls won’t fit in the stew pot for bone broth, and we already ate the rest of the critter. :Poke:

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Key word right there.

auminer likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude I literally just now figured out your witty reference. Well done!

auminer likes this.
  20. auminer

Daaaaaaaaaamn... And you LIVE THERE! :crackup::crackup::crackup: