1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they go about the same time the amp dies.

2. Didn’t take long to see this. :crackup:

3D6FD019-20CE-4341-9206-AFF59FF0CCDA.jpeg

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ok, Mr. Oil Baron...choke up the dough for a fresh gallon.

4. :crackup:

I didn’t plan on letting it get that low. It kinda snuck up on me. When the warning popped up it surprised me.

But it doesn’t help that I leave it in Sport mode all the time. In Sport mode it won’t fall below 2000rpm, even on the Interstate (at least not at normal driving speeds).

In regular mode it cruises at 80mph at 1600rpm in 8th gear. In Sport mode it won’t make that shift up to 8th at that speed.

5. After getting some good miles on it, I gotta say there are a few things I don’t like.

The Jag had a better backup camera. Or at least it was in a better spot (it was higher up).

The one on the TGT is lower, and when it’s cold, with the Center-exit exhaust, steam comes up in front of the camera. It is sufficient; it does what it is supposed to do, but the one on the Jag is better.

It also does this bullshit where once I get going, it draws the seatbelt snug against me. I hate that shit. I always have to pull it away again. The Jag didn’t do that.

And I don’t like where the “Park” button is on the shifter. It’s down at the bottom and weird to get to. But I did change the shifter to a bigger/wider one because I like to rest my hand on it, so it might not be in the same spot on the standard one.

After over 3 years of driving it I can’t even remember where the Park button is on the Jag, which means wherever it was, it was perfect. It didn’t jump out at me as being odd.

6. After I wash vehicles, I always open/close the doors several times to get the water to come out of the cracks around the doors, windows, rearview mirrors, etc. That way I can dry it and there won’t be any water spots when I take off.

I washed the TGT yesterday and when I opened/closed the doors (even slammed them kinda hard), no water came out from anywhere.

I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but I found it odd.

Then I went driving and there were no water spots anywhere. So I don’t know where the excess water from the cracks went.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If too many things get annoying for you, I'd consider trading you.

BigBird, R Acree, vfrket and 3 others like this.
  8. Sabre699

:crackup: Well played.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If you drive aggressively, you should want a tight seatbelt for two reasons. There are reasons car racers strap in tight.
    1. It locks you into the car better so you can have better feel what the car is doing at the limit.
    2. It is safer if you do get into an accident.
    3. It helps hold you in place when the cornering Gs get high.
    Somewhat related:
    My wife's Volvo was sure we were going to be in an accident and pre-tensioned the seat belts. This wasn't just snug; it was tight to the point of being quite unpleasant for my wife. We got down to about 5 mph well short of the car in front of us, which was going about 5 to 10mph by then. No drama other than the beeping and panicky seat belts.

BigBird likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

THE CAR STOPPED SHORT!!!
    [​IMG]

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What you didn't opt for the 5 point harnesses?

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Sabre699

Motorcycle racers don't need no stinkin' restraints.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I have a serious dislike for self-tensioning seatbelts. Let's say you're on the brakes, even if ever so slightly. You're coming to a stop and need to lean forward to see beyond some obstacle or, you're slightly on the brakes for whatever reason and some unsecured something hits the floor that you could easily pickup without interrupting your ability to control the vehicle...
    Nope. Not gonna let you do that. Not gonna let you do that even if you don't need to make a stop. Not gonna let you do it any time brake pressure is applied.
    Fuck that desk jockey sumbitch that thought their education and job title gave them omniscience. Mofo should be strapped down and restrained to within millimeters of being strangled to death every time they so much as breath. :mad:
    I'll take a five-point harness over that ignorant, poorly thought out shit any day.

Saiyan66 likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Nope. Thats trivial. The worst of the bunch is GM turning on the reverse gear lights when youre getting in or out of your car, which has ruined the old courtesy of stoping to let people back out of their parking spots.

The second worse is the highway traffic making feature... I mean adaptive cruise control.

pickled egg and fastfreddie like this.
  15. :crackup:

Well I can admit that yours has a better backup camera. And it sounds better.

Compared to the other models that use this V8 (RSQ8, regular Cayenne Turbo, etc) the TGT has an Akrapovic exhaust with the center muffler deleted. So it does sound better than those, but the Jag is on another level. It sounds like a beast.

16. Well. Shit. Ok that is a valid point.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What, you thought they did it just to annoy you?

18. The ones in mine aren’t THAT bad. They don’t get tight, they just remove the slack.

It is discreet enough that the first couple of times I wasn’t exactly sure. I thought “Did my seatbelt just get tighter?”

After that, I can still lean forward and move how I want.

Or I can pull on it a little and it will leave the slack in it (it doesn’t constantly pull/take up the slack, it only does it once when I take off).

So now I have a habit of taking off, it takes the slack up, then I put a little slack back in it. It’s fine after that.

19. Maybe. :D

Sabre699 likes this.