1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flashlight

Discussion in 'General' started by GRH, Dec 3, 2022.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

not what you are looking for but…
    For EDC I’ve carried a SureFire Stilletto for a couple years now .
    The slim profile makes it a game changer for carrying in your pockets. I dont have the “pro” model and mine is plenty bright .

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Maglight LEDs are nice and you can upgrade your old ones to LED bulbs too. They have nice small ones but still offer the big ass weaponized ones. They're not as pinpoint crazy bright as the others but they still work great.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I got a small mag light because they suck and aren't bright. Work well for walk arounds and in the cockpit looking at circuit breakers. So I guess in this case.... it doesn't suck!

I am a new fan of the 18650 battery. I've got them in the thermal and they work and being rechargeable is a plus

4. This thread is killing me.

For some reason I’ve got a thing for flashlights. There is a small (Streamlight) one on my keychain, 2 within arms reach of where I sleep, one in every room of the house, 3 in the storm closet, 3 in the garage, 2 in my travel bag, 4 in the car, and I have them mounted on a shitload of weapons…

….and I can’t remember the last time I actually needed or even used a flashlight. :crackup:

5. 1/4 the size and twice the power with new ones but…. You can’t club someone over the head as effectively :)

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I use them all the time. From working on bikes to hiking and camping, I use a flashlight at least once a week. Like I said earlier, I'm a Fenix freak. I've never even heard of this SureFire brand so I'll stick with what I know. Like you, I've got a thing for them and collect them too. This one is right up your alley Chris and kind of my Holy Grail, I believe you can put a beam on the moon with this bad boy:D https://www.fenixlighting.com/products/fenix-lr80r-flashlight-18000-lumen-spotlight

Gorilla George and fastfreddie like this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's why you get one with a crenulated bezel. ;)

10-15 likes this.
  8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

It seems with most of the lights, the Diode, the housing, and the battery and charger have no warranty issues.

Most of them have problems with the switch over time.

9. Holy shit that thing is a beast. :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So when does yours arrive?

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Man, I've heard so many great things about that light. But I just can't bring myself to buy/carry one. Because of how it looks. I know, that's dumb. But I can't wrap my head around it. I know it's part of the function. But fuck it's just so weird to me. Maybe one day I'll quit being a bitch about it and just try the damn thing out because it's probably the most popular EDC light I've come across.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  12. 2-3 business days. :D

R1M370 and R Acree like this.
  13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I have that light. It's insane. I take it offshore when I fish.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This thread is max honkey. Just sayin’

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

like a moth to many lumens

Yzasserina and Knotcher like this.
  16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I can manage to use my fleshlight at least once a day, you're slacking

scottn and rd400racer like this.
  17. Nah, too bulky- just use the butt of a gun :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. One of the very few times I’ve seem something that doesn’t have an actual turbo on it have turbo mode and it be somewhat legit. That thing is bad ass.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That denies me the opportunity to tell the authorities that I was just trying to get the perp to see the light. :D

20. Offtopic but kinda related, I’ve heard of cases where people have gotten in trouble for “brandishing a firearm” when they were (supposedly) just trying to use the light.

There was a story about it in my “Concealed Carry” magazine (comes with the USCCA membership) where the guy had the gun at the “low ready” position and was trying to “bounce the light up” but technically it was still pointed in the direction of the guy he was arguing with, and he got in trouble for it.