Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

AKA - column

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Only a Dodge...

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Shut up.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

'the hell? Snow Bats? X-mas bats? Flying lab mice? Damn, those are cute. I want some.

Broome, what's the verdict? :D

BigBird likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tire full lock right, catch the end of the loop with the tire and pull the truck to the right.

SethG likes this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I guess it just doesn't dawn on me that someone would be backing up parallel to a gas pump. I won't phantom to guess at why one would be doing that.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was thinking going forward - full lock to the right would put a gap between the tire and the fender, hit the pole with the inside 25% or less of the tire and it'll slide the pole around the backside (yes, the double entendre was intentional) and pull the truck into the pump.

BigBird likes this.
  13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Karen drinks 3x glasses of wine as Kitty, and Kitty drinks half as much as Debbie. Debbie has 1 bottle of wine. How much wine does Karen drink before beaching her grocery getter on the gas pump island during her cigarette run?

BigBird and fastfreddie like this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

As to why you would back parallel to a pump, here is a scenario: someone is parked at first pump. The second pump is free and available. Your vehicle doesn't turn tight enough to get in close to the pump if you go past them, so you pull past and then back in parallel to the pump.

With that said, I can't see how that would have been the case here. Mongo's explanation makes the most sense to me.

15. Venom51

We think very differently in our approach to the gas station. I don't ever put myself in a position to need reverse while at the gas pumps.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Thank Dog we’re all going to be driving ElectronMobiles so pulling in to gas stations will be a thing of the part.

969 likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What do you do when the first pump is occupied?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's the only option do you just leave or what? I pull in, back on parallel park in...whatever it takes to get the pump I need and then I leave...

Of all the weird things you've said over the years this may be the strangest :crackup:

Rico888 likes this.
  19. Venom51

Loop around and find another pump or fuel and wait for the car at the front pump to leave. Chances are they'll be done before I am if they were already there. I just don't back up at the pumps.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any reason why?