1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK Catalunya

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Sep 24, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

guess yall slept on this one hardcore, no matter Gerloff just went and put it on the box!! lets goooooo

2. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Gerloff just gave Yamaha one big SUCK IT, by passing Toprak and taking third spot!
    HAHAHAHA, Love it.

SundaySocial, Senna, malamute and 5 others like this.
  3. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

And Bautista destroyed the field.

The Great One likes this.
  4. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I just realied that they were racing this weekend - too much going on

Skter505 and henry_carlson like this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

6. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Great to see him fighting hard on track again and really happy afterwards!! Hopefully this sets him up for a strong end to the season and getting his mojo back!!

SundaySocial and henry_carlson like this.
  7. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Word is he got full 2022 spec electronics and not the neutered crap Yamaha had been giving him previously.
    And said F-it to team orders

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

From the looks in the Yamaha box when he passed Toprak, he may not have that tomorrow. You know they wanted him to defend Toprak’s position. Not so sure he didn’t try Rea on purpose. I think he put not just one, but two fingers in Yamaha’s eye.

Senna likes this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I thought GG had a factory spec bike. That’s what they’ve said all along. When did that change?

The Great One, Senna and hotnail like this.
  10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Garrett F'ing Gerloff...welcome back!!!

Senna and WANABE RACER like this.
  11. Yama-saurus

Factory bike, yes but my people said either 2021 electronics or " neutered " 2022 settings until this weekend.

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Why the F would Yamaha not provide the latest?

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Passport privilege. That was some unethical shit by Yamaha knowing he had that speed challenging Toprak early last year then fuck him like that.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Umm, did anyone here see Toprak's tire when the Pirelli technician turned it over?

henry_carlson and Yama-saurus like this.
  15. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of crying and excuses for GG not performing over the last two years.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wasn’t there a rider between GG and Toprak at the finish? If GG had slowed and finished behind him Toprak still wouldn’t have been on the podium?

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not understanding why Yamaha would give him the electronics now. No idea what spec he had before but why would they give him the new stuff the first weekend after he signs with another team? Doesn’t really add up.

either way, for me this just further cements that the guy needs a sports psychologist. Signs with a new team, alleviating a lot of pressure and immediately goes out and podiums. Still thinking there’s a mental side of this that really should be addressed for the sake of longevity of his career.

regardless, I’m super stoked for him.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would have to ask someone credible but they jokingly said on Eurosport France that he will not need to work with "her" anymore, while referring to sports psychology.

19. Yama-saurus

Just more 'what' and ' why' questions to add to the GG and Yamaha list, eh?

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

GG said on the Off Track podcast that his bike and Toprak’s are the same outside of minor stuff like clip-ons, rearsets due to different team sponsors.