1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

camping??

Discussion in 'General' started by long path/road, Sep 19, 2022.

1. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

plannining next weekend tent and a fire... no.... computer aided shit... anyone else out there??

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

will do next month. with the kid. state park, basic tent camping.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Staying at a Hilton Garden Inn tomorrow night. That about as close as I get.

dtalbott likes this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Camping, remember it well. Got it out of my system early on. Camp Lejeune, Incheon South Korea, Vandel Denmark, Schleswig Germany. Had some 30 years my junior guys ask me to go on motorcycle camping trip a few years back. Sleeping bags on the ground, sitting around a fire at night jabbering about whatever. I said been there, done that, ate out of cans, the whole nine yards. Told them I’d go if, there’s a decent motel and restaurant near by. They could meet me there in the morning. Ultimately, I didn’t go…logistics.

worldrider likes this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Same reason I've had a toy hauler most of the years I've been in this sport. I see the dudes busting out their tents...fvuck that noise :crackup:

Something to be said about doing what some people would normally do for fun (hiking, camping, etc) and having the military force you to do it so much, you resent it and can't comprehend why people voluntarily choose to do it :D

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I just finished a 4K+ mile moto trip that included camping about half of the nights, with the other half in motels trying to lower body core temps from the relentless heat of the recent western heat dome.

Camping on a bike is good. Best not in the heat of summer or cold of winter.

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

You just have to go higher where it's cooler, like in CO.
    Sounds like an awesome trip.

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I just did a road trip through Zion, Bryce Canyon, Glacier, Big Sky, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton with about 2/3 camping and 1/3 hotels. My backpacking tent needed a little more DWR for the rain. But everything went well otherwise.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

This was across IL, WI, MN, SD, ND, MT, AB, BC, WA, OR and then into the Bay Area of CA. In the Rockies, Canadian Rockies, the Cascades, and Sierra Nevada.

It should have been OK temp wise, but the unusual heat made the 19 day trip (17 days riding) difficult.

Heat aside, it was an awesome trip!

Rising likes this.
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

That heat wave two weeks ago was brutal in Southern Utah. We made sure to get up at the buttcrack of dawn for bike rides and hikes. The worst day, I sat in a camping chair in the middle of the creek for an hour waiting for the sun to go down some. But then we drove to Montana and froze, lulz.

11. long path/road

well I'm tent and fire.. and gonna let's shit go.. respect everyone who even still knows what a tent is...throwing it out there.. Martha and I had a dissatisfied conversation today.. well few wks now but we're working it out.. send some love. .. click click boom!! is a beautiful idiot. noo sorry beautiful individual I'll take the dungeon pls. .

12. long path/road

good for me to chill and camp out... going to have full house soon.. guessing should just smile that's hospitality..