1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiramisu report

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Or gettin old, like me. I can barely handle a donut these days.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're broken too.

CBRRRRR999 and noles19 like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, I was always very particular on sweets and my threshold for too much/too sweet was always pretty low, even as a kid. Something a Hoover like Mongo couldn't possibly relate to.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Jesus:eek::crackup:

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

There is only a real way to make it. I hate reading bastardized recipes from every home cook yahoo house wife that has nothing better to do to cook at home and put their own twist on recipes that real chefs created. Very simple make a sabayon, whisk the egg yolks to a stiff peak , let them cool down, fold in the mascarpone, then fold that into the stiff peak whipped cream, double dip each ladyfinger in an espresso Kalalau mix, rum or brandy) I'm not a fan of deserts but Tiramisu has obviously standed the test of time of something that tastes good

Phl218, CBRRRRR999 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. I had to google them shits. When I read the thread title, I though you were talking about a news story or some shit. I had no idea you were talking about food till I googled it. :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I didn't know what was in it until I took the first bite, you never had a chance with the word.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

I aint denying that :crackup:

9. Captain Morgan

I researched and spent a lot of time making this recipe. Would be glad to walk anyone through it. Typical baking, so simple yet so hard

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Gorilla George and auminer like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'ma do that with maple sugar. Maybe tonight. I'll report back how it goes.

Then again, maybe I'm just a """home cook yahoo house wife that has nothing better to do to cook at home and put their own twist on recipes that real chefs created"""... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Enjoy . And thank @HPPT.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Had some Tiramisu Gelato in a small Italian town near Croatia.

Delish!

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

the shit’s tits

15. Dave Wolfe

Thats no where near as fun

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Grew up eating that with crème fraîche, which nicely balances out some of the sweetness and makes it taste perfect.

But as was established earlier, there is only so much sugar I can shoved down my throat before I start feeling nauseous. So maybe the extra sugar from whipped cream or even ice cream will work for you.

17. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

A lot of American tiramisu is stabilized w gelatin, agar or something and loese the creamy texture.
    Homemade ladyfingers have to be dried or get to soggy , storebought are hard to tell apart.
    Mascarpone cannot be substituted w nothing or it turns to shitmisu.
    I prefer a good simple creme brulee or tres/quattro leches., but I get requests for tiramisu a lot when I bake.

Yzasserina and Phl218 like this.
  18. Captain Morgan

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fuck all y’all, imma eat an Oreo. :moon:

CBRRRRR999 and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Spumoni.
    Period.
    Done.
    If it ain't on the desert menu, I ain't going back.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.