1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA - School me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, I've now got an itch to give AHRMA a try, on the opposite coast, for no other reason than it sounds like a good excuse to try Laguna Seca and hang with a new batch of people with the same inability to make good decisions as myself. I don't even know what bike I'd be on, will have to arrange to beg/borrow/steal/make bad financial decisions something as the plan is to fly over instead of trailer across the country for a one off.

Ignoring bike prep, as someone who has only road raced at Loudon with LRRS/NEMRR/USCRA, is there anything I need to know or plan for that I wouldn't expect?

2. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Why not give WERA a try? Plenty of great people and a few bat shit crazy ones that also post stange things on the BBS

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::crackup:

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

AHRMA: Oh f*&CK, my bike started, what do I do now?!

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Nothing close enough to me, and I don't have a good fit bike at the moment for WERA classes and tracks they run at. My travel time availability pretty much cuts me down to a one off splurge each year, and some things have lined up that make Laguna next year a possibility so I'm going to go for it. If I do get in a position to give WERA a go, I'm absolutely down. The real question there though is if I meet up with a bunch of y'all in person will actual racing happen, or will the BS get so thick and deep that we miss the event?

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Ever race Barber? If not the track is pretty cool and the museum is worth the trip. Plus, Alabama in Oct is nice

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I thought you had to race other qualifying races before getting to run at Barber due to demand?

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Laguna would be fun.....I think they are doing Daytona again in 2023 if that is any interest.

I ran Blackhawk Farms with Ahrma recently, good times. I'm qualified for the Barber Festival, looking forward to it.

"Tire guy" may have been talking about doing Barber with WERA....???.....GNF there after the AHRMA festival. Great track and facility.

That protest seemed legit to me (sitting on the sidelines here) for the frame, the other stuff not so much, but obviously AHRMA agreed.......yeah, that happens all the time:rolleyes::crackup:

Just go have fun if it works out.

F3racer1 likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

With Laguna getting a repave soon I'd hold off. It's very fickle and low grip and has been for years. Wait till next year IMO

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Well since this is WERAs forum yes I meant the GNF and I think there's room for vintage bikes, Mongo?

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, I should have clarified, this is all about next year. This year I get to sit at home and resist the urge to ride my Pan Am way more spirited than is appropriate on the street before it gets too cold for my taste. My current stable was full of sumos, but the 92 has tuning issues I can't sort, and I just reverted the 500 XC W back to dirt mode for some woods duty before ice season. I'd have to beg/borrow/steal a ride, unless the 500 had a chance of being fun on at Barber?

14. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Do you mean the frame was NOT legal and they let it slide?

15. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have raced my motard with AHRMA the last 5 years. Message me any questions you have. I have not had any issues with them and I have been road racing for about 25 years now. You can race motard and Sounds of singles 2 with a motard. Its a blast. Racing Laguna on it was a great time.

Senna and noles19 like this.
  16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

the 500 is a blast to race at Barber. Did it a few years ago.

17. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Daytona is off the schedule for next year. Its confirmed.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nooooooo

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

What were you running for gearing? 13/42 worked at Loudon but it eats chain buffers in a weekend so I'm at least going 14 on the front next time I mount slicks.

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Laguna Seca also has track days. My brother did one on his R1. My same brother also did a KS school at Road Atlanta on a GSXR600. My lap times on my vintage RZ350 were quicker. HA!