1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

The amount of TC cut that goes on in SBK class around this track is insane.

Interesting to hear Petrucci calling the V2 955 "more human" compared to the SBK. You know that V4R has got to be hard to ride.

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

that was pretty exciting as far as qualifying goes

418 likes this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

SSTK is kind of a shit show again. Lots of crashes right off the rip in Q1.

pjzocc likes this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Up here at the tower someone came off pace in the carousel and a green Kawi wasn’t too happy in STK1000. Almost sideswiped the rider coming up behind. Didn’t catch who because…

Well…

My glasses weren’t on my face

418 likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm probably gonna hurt some feelings but it sure looks like some of these guys need to do some more club racing before jumping into a national class with 200HP pseudo superbikes and trying to wing it for the Gram or whatever. I don't get it.

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

The followed them correctly and didn’t use any endurance loop holes. Nope they sure didn’t.

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Pshhhtt. Not time for club racing. They were fast at the track day so they are qualified to run MA

pjzocc likes this.
  8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Holy Shit,, Little Blake Davis just Curb Stomped the track record in Q1. Over 1 second.

9. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Watching twins cup and listening to the announcers talk about Liam McDonalds nonexistent engine work. I wonder if he outed the engine builder, or is looking for a trebuchet.

pjzocc likes this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

He also just smoked a set of wheels over that chicane curb.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree with you 1000%. I’ve seen a rider that was around when Tyler raced that still grids up but can’t even win local club races.

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think the time has come for MA to raise the standard for what it takes to enter a MA class. Maybe require a national seies season top 5 club racing finish in the class you want to run before you can get an MA license. They should also make the qualifying % smaller. They should also get rid of Jr, Cup and BTR and Baggers and add the Hooligan class to all weekends and everybody gets 2 races. They should also raise the minimum age in all classes to 16, 18 for 1000s.

CLM81 likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Kenessex for President

hotnail likes this.
  14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Can Garth come in and stinck up this thread too? That would be greeeeeaaaaaaaat.

G 97 likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Baggers aren't running this weekend. He's got nothing to watch.

G 97 likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He has all the answers. :crackup:

hotnail likes this.
  17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Every Jr Cup entrant (should be) spending $1k+ on tires per weekend. Try explaining to the tire supplier who is giving you a big chunk of money for the exclusivity that you're going to pull $300-400k a season out of the paddock. Probably close to $500k if you pull Baggers and BTR. Baggers are a pull, like it or not.

You need more asses in seats and more Live+ subscriptions and more TV viewership if you want to shift the revenue stream from in the paddock to outside it. Until then, it's in their fiscal benefit to pack the grids.

That said, I don't necessarily disagree with at least the idea of what you're saying (kinda sorta). If only to bolster club numbers and develop racers and programs until they're ready so that MA gets the best show (and racers).

Talent gap is another issue. Successful racers exist at the intersection of money, talent and opportunity. Take away talent and opportunity, and you can still race. Take away money, and unless you're in the 1% of both talent and opportunity, you can't race.

stk0308, Scott S., kenessex and 3 others like this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

TX Joose likes this.
  19. rwdfun

rwdfun

Pretty sure that’s not the quickest line. But I’ve never run the chicane so what do I know.

20. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

Looks like Joseph Limandri split from sport bike track gear in the JR Cup. Anyone know why?