1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    upload_2022-8-16_9-25-27.png

Let's try this again and see if we can have nice things - I got Gagne for the double

upload_2022-8-16_9-28-30.png

jksoft and MyWayGuy like this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'll also take Gagne for the double.

I'm excited for Super Sport. Will the wins last round open the floodgates for Landers?

Will Fong be back up front? Will KW be back with a chip on his shoulder?

evakat likes this.
  3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for this weekend! Me and The Boy will be there for the fun!

Hard to bet against Gagne but I feel like this might be the weekend Cam and Petrux give him a legit fight. Danilo got a lot of laps in last weekend and if there’s gonna be a time for him to go head to head with Jake this is the time.

Rocco gives Herrin and Hayes all they can handle. I’d love to see Hayes get another win but he’s still on Kevin’s bike so ??? If he had the SquidHunter bike I think he’d definitely get a P1.

Monsterdood likes this.
  4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1:clap:

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Given that the Ducati boys used the rules to their advantage last weekend, I will expect Petrucci to be battling with Gagne out front. That is if he remembers to use the chicane.

Given Rocco's recent surge and him and Herrin also using the rules to their advantage, hoping they swap some paint in SS. If Hayes is also riding a 3 way battle would be my preference

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

With JH131's guidance and suggestions from the weekend what's his name and the kids show up, practice and qualify well, then finish 1 2 on the box.

R1Racer99, younglion and G 97 like this.
  7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Sponsored by an aerial tree trimming company? Cool.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Unless Petrucci spent the WERA weekend on his SBK, I don't think this will age well.

Their problem is the bike, not Petrucci.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Put those baggers on the track LAST both Friday and Saturday that way if they blow up it doesn't fuck up the whole schedule. You'd figure after the repetitive incidents they'd use some common sense on this. Don't get me wrong they are awesome to watch but the oil mess they've consistently created should justify a contingency plan and schedule change.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

no baggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no fastbykids!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 twins AND 2 stock 1000 races!!!!!!!!!! lets gooooooooooooooooo

11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Shoot - I grabbed the schedule off of the MA Live+ website thinking it was for this weekend - it's from Brainerd. There's no baggers this weekend

MyWayGuy, StaccatoFan and njracer like this.
  12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I ASSuMEd there were baggers this wknd. Guess I should've checked the schedule first. The double for twins and stock 1k should be fun.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

PREACH !!! Petrucci's riding experience is making that bike what it is so far.
    Seems like they've managed to do what Ray Evernham said about one of the cars at Charlotte years ago... " darn thing was fast as hell but we've managed to adjust and tune it to a standstill".
    HSBK / Ducati still fighting chatter / no rear grip.... and I don't care their V4 was developed around Pirelli. Would think the Ohlins crew and HSBK team could have it sorted by now.
    That and all the electronics problems crap. Sorta makes me think they have the 3rd or 4th string techs being flown in from Italy.

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

We’ll see. The bike may be the problem but they need Petrucci to be able to tell them what needs to be fixed and now that he is thoroughly knowledgeable of the track nuances he can focus on the bike right away.

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Hate to say this but it feels like the book in Scholtz’s season has been written. As much as I wanna see him win I think he and that team just ain’t vibing right now. Last couple rounds have been a fustercluck for them.

418 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Track nuances aren't going to matter on that score. He's been on the same types of surface, the same types of corners and so on throughout his career. The issue is either communication - which can be very tough and that has nothing to do with language but with translating a riders words and gestures into what the bike actually needs - or the team isn't listening and thinks they know better, or the rider just isn't good at giving input. Given they know the problem it seems very odd they haven't fixed it, they're far from the first to fight the same issues.

418 likes this.
  18. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Correct... it's asphalt and goes left, right, up and down. Pretty sure Danilo can converse what needs to be said and explained to his Italian crew chief
    So IMO, has to be issues downstream. Or as Mongo stated, others may think they know what the bike needs regardless.

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are at the point where that is as good as the bike will get on the Dunlops.
    Maybe Ducati has to build a R1 to work with the tires?

20. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Ducatis main problem is their rider is an orchid who cant handle the uNsAfE tracks and mentally checked out once he blew the bike up in Atlanta.