1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F..k the wedding photographer just cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

As opposed to what? sounds? smells?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Depends on your drug of choice.

3. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

The only wedding pics that were even vaguely interesting are the one put together from disposable cameras left on the tables and collected later.

BigBird and sdg like this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

My BIL had no money for a pro, so he asked me. First go round for me. I tried to prepare but quickly realized I was in way over my head. That shit is really hard. They had about 5 pretty good shots.

5. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

You pissing over an overpriced photo shoot where you’ll get 3000 photos and hang two up for a few years, then throw them away?

auminer likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Convince the wimmin folk to concentrate on the important things like love and shit like that.
    Nobody looks at those pictures after 2 years have gone by anyway.

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

That is some really sharp work!

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Any of you that have a desk job and don't have a wedding picture of you and the Mrs on it are missing free points.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree, that work from Buckwild is amazing. I just sent the link to my daughter. If nothing else, she may recommend him to one of her many friends

So I learned the original photog was booked a year or two ago when she lived here in S. Cal. Now the photographer lives in the midwest. So I'm sure that made her decision to bail much easier. Initially my daughter asked what kind of discount they were going to provide after this big change. The photog came back saying well, since I'm not traveling you are going to save on all my travel expense....bla, bla, bla and my daughter said, actually I booked you when you lived out here, there was no travel expense to be charged as per the contract.

Since this original photog will still be editing all the pic's and doing whatever magic they do, my daughter decided to not push for a discount. That's probably the right move and I'm glad I wasn't involved in the conversations. I would have probably made a couple comments about it and pushed for something, which could have easily bit us in the butt later with crappy editing. I'm just so used to customers grinding me for every excuse in the world, so it probably puts me into that mindset more easily.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

she doesn't visit me at my desk, so if she doesn't see it, does it still count....falling tree in the forest and all that.

11. sheepofblue

Co-workers and gossip. Oh and with rare exceptions they show sometimes. Even to duck in a grab you at lunch. Yes there is exceptions (no one can visit me) but you could always do the "I think this would be awesome on the desk... what frame do you think"

12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I think the photog is using the family emergency as an excuse to not come out, not the real reason. Lots of times, a day or two break from a "long term emergency" would be welcome. I think she just doesn't want to travel and do it.

jrsamples likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No.

14. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Fuck the Wedding Photographer, Just Canceled.

I thought that event sounded like a good time and was bummed it was canceled.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

free points for what?? Out of warranty returns? :D If you could only go back and tell the younger you... NO!

17. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

we hired a wedding photographer who has a network of people and will contract the job out if she can't make it to someone she trusts. then our original photog will be the one editing photos in case she can't be the one shooting still.

18. sheepofblue

Young me did well....I did not get killed in my sleep yet..... opportunities were there....

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hey @Boman Forklift congrats on the nuptials. Hope everything went great for you and your family this weekend. You're a very lucky man!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:beer: Post Pics.

Boman Forklift likes this.