1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F..k the wedding photographer just cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 10, 2022.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Get a recommendation from your first choice photographer. She wants/needs to be with her husband as he’s dealing with his mother’s illness. Have a heart and cut her some slack. She might be a great photographer, but there’s got to be someone who’s just as/almost as good.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

shoot it with a drone & gopro... solutions not problems!! :) Also mazels

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cortez has experience with furniture still lifes.

socalrider likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey guys thank you. They found another photog to back up the previous backup.

Fortunately my daughter is now taking the good attitude of just roll with it what can you do. When I posted early she was very upset, I’m just happy they found someone and she is handling it well.

I told her it will be a funny story to tell years down the road.

BigBird, beac83, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Good luck man. I have a friend who’s an amazing well paid photographer but I don’t think he does weddings. Good luck

6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Donde esta? California? I have people in South Texas but I doubt that helps you. Buy a shitload of the disposable cameras, you’ll have to deal with a lot of “DaveK’s junk pics” but I promise there will be some diamonds in the rough.

dtalbott likes this.
  7. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I got an i-phone and love an open bar. Pick me!

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Put me in coach!

Assjuice photo toggey at your service!!!

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Did no one mention Brian J Nelson?!!!!

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'd be flying Tony out.

Yzasserina likes this.
  11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

It will work out and be awesome!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Just give Tyler a camera and tell him that's his new job for the day.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

He has a high fallutin' day job. Though I agree he does awesome photos. From that pool of friends I have two more that are super great photographers. If I ever got hitched I think I could get one of them......probably they would come just to verify I was not lying and try to talk her out of it :crackup:

Drop Bwhip a PM though as he is likely to far/unavailable but has kids in CA I think who might know someone.

Oh I also have dog racing friends who I might be able to con that do great work also (south not CA though so to far).

bwhip likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’m not sure how much that price is I just know the bar budget for 5 hours is 7k. They offer to cut that by giving full bar for 3-4 hours and charge us for each drink at the end for the final hour or two. My daughter said her friends are drinkers and will be using Uber, so she didn’t think that was a good financial gamble for me. LOLOLOL

15. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Thanks for thinking of me, but yes, I'm pretty far away (Boise). Although I've shot several weddings for friends, I don't need that kind of stress. :D Best wishes to the OP with the wedding and Plan B photographer!

16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

How has no one recommended reaching out to the one and only Buckwild?!?!?!?

https://www.kevinmaurice.com/ K-Mo knows what he is doing. I'm sure his travel costs aren't totally insane!

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

His costs may not be, but he is :D

dtalbott likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn...I just checked out Buck's website...dude is way past talented.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, the brother is serious. He was getting so good that he quit his real job years ago to do this.

BigBird likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I met Buck once at Road Atlanta years ago. I had no idea he was this talented. If you speak with him tell him, Damn...just Damn. I am very impressed. He has a great eye for images.