1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I can even imagine what kind of fucking idiot would be had by a deal like that. Jesus.

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Sure sounds like you give exactly a hot fuck what everyone else drives...:Poke:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Crypto investors who are long this week, Day traders who haven’t had a margin call yet, people who have the latest, people who used to daily drive F150s and F250s but the truck gate keepers of what you can and can’t do with you truck have taken them away.

nah, pick two of the above. :D

cpettit likes this.
  4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

E450 and a 24' trailer, in fact. But I only drive that setup when I need to do truck things. Otherwise, I never drive it. I absolutely understand I'm in the minority considering that nearly everything on the road is a truck or an SUV.

I really don't. Poorly worded on my part. I simply don't understand it and, once again, I understand I'm in the minority.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Maybe some folks just like driving trucks; they like sitting up higher, they like the look of them, they like the "fun" of driving the vehicle that makes them smile. I daily drive my ZR2, and only occasionally haul anything. But I like my truck; I think it looks nice and suits me. Others drive other cars that suit them. You do you, everyone else will do everyone else; and all will be happy.

malamute likes this.
  6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

What else do you buy your kid for an HS graduation present? Damn the dealer markup, Kylie gets a Bronco!

ducnut likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Has Turo been worthwhile? I've thought about getting into it, but I can buy a $17K used Slingshot and rent it out for $400 a day. Difficult to see how renting out a car for $70 a day, and then Turo takes their chunk, can be profitable? I guess in today's market where you can sell 2 year old vehicles with 200K miles for over sticker, but those days are coming to an end at a certain point.

8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

yes , not as profitable as I’d like but it’s been positive . Turo takes a big chunk. I try to go longer rentals , minimum 3 day but 7 days are my fav. Key to it , as you know is utilization . I’m about 22 days a month of use on average .
    I constantly watch the prices vs mileage and what my units are “worth “ if I want to liquidate them or if I refresh . Jeeps do well too , mustangs , etc

Slingshot or vanderhall is my next unit .

motion likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A lot of CRVs have come on the market here and the prices have come way down. Still getting over value but the music is slowing and people are starting to look for a chair.

civics, small suvs and Corollas are still ‘tarded but that’ll end sooner or later.

We’ve been shopping odd ball cars and those are more sane in used prices.

motion likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You can still find an Aztec for sale? :confused:

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We’re looking at smaller motor BMW sedans (yeah, I know what maintenance is like), Infinitis (instead of Nissans), Acura ILX (weirdly cheaper than lesser equipped civics) and shit like that.

We need a car that’ll be realiable and safe that’ll last 2 to 3 years. Anything longer is bonus. Lol!

I know what’s top of my list and when one comes up, the kid will be styling and profiling. :D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, and today the 10yr old told me she didn't want the "rusty, crusty, dusty old yellow car" for her first car. She wants the Pilot.

The 6yr old said she wants the massive diesel truck for her first car. :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I found another cx9, same year but lower level trim. Showed it to the kid and Sam and told them I found her car. You’d think I farted in church. :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get her a damn G-Wagen with reinforced brush guards and 38’s. 44’s would look funny. :D

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Volvo C30...odd as it gets and reasonably priced. A Ford Focus in disguise.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is that the 3 door that looks like a modernized ford pinto?

ducnut likes this.
  17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Dude..that's common...and there even financing him more insult to injury...
    My friend's wife has worked with some dealerships she said they just absolutely drool at the mouth when they see a guy come in that wants a Jeep or a Raptor.
    The markup is expected to be almost 40,000 on the new raptor r so after tax licensing insurance add-ons the average Raptor R is going to be $150,000..
    What a utter joke.

Like she said every fat guy chomping on a cigar is going to wait in line to buy one and the dealer knows if he doesn't buy it there's 50 other guys behind them that will.

I mean it's their money but it's pretty sad state when people feel that's what they need to do to be happy with a vehicle....
    I have a friend she just bought two apartment buildings for $150,000 each in St Louis... She's going to be making a killing on the rentals... Instead of a truck that's worth 120th of its purchase value. And no exclusivity whatsoever I'm not kidding I'll see over 100 -150 Jeeps a day and at least 20 Raptors ...that's every day..
    Not for me... I had a Jeep once yeah it was a two-door before four doors were even dreamed of but that thing was brand new fully loaded Renegade for $11,500.. and here in California the average price of a Jeep is mid 60s on the car lots..

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We’ve already started checking them out. ;)

20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I reserved 2 day reservation and got mine last October. Either your dealer is a lying sob and sold yours out from under you or the reservation has been cancelled and they didn't tell you. What is your status on the Ford website?