1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing Machine

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Aug 2, 2022.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

10 or 12 year old Kenmore Elite.
    I replaced the springs/shock absorber gizmos and the main board. Found a remanufactured board for $105.
    Other than that, looks new and does it's job.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Axis

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you might want to look at what models tickle your fancy & fit the space... then once youve narrowed down the model(s) you can leverage all kinds of discounts at local appliance retailer or worst case Lowes or HD. Costco is another option & their price includes removal & install. Not hoses or whatever sundry items like bases needed for setup.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you go with axis, then you have to flip vertical and horizontal in my sentence.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True, but spinning is generally an axial activity, not planar.:p

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get that, but I was explaining it in reference to the lid you open to load the drum.

7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Eventually. Without an agitator you have to rely on the clothes doing the agitating so the wash cycle takes longer…so “they” say.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Front uses less water and is, therefore, more green. Booyah.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not really a concern.

Plus, a top loader you can add shit. Can you in a front loader?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Agitators also seem to wear out clothes quicker than the front loader. something about a plastic impeller spinning at high speeds doesn't work well with softer fabrics.

i would say in the first 10 minutes you can

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Up to a point, yes. Remembering to put something into the wash is NOT that mentally taxing.

12. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Dave's buys floor demo stuff, scratch and dent, slow moving inventory, etc. I bought a couple of oddball drawer refrigerators from them a few years ago. Not a lot of people want that style, and I think both of these were in a showroom demo area.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Single dad, 2 young kids, 2 businesses and sports? Um, okay.

:crackup:

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nope I have a top loader that uses the same amount as a front loader and doesn’t have a central agitator.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It isn't the wash that is mentally taxing.:p

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then it is really a vertical front loader :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Actually a top load HE.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bought one of those for the mini-blonde a couple years ago when she moved into an older apt in Charlotte. Seems to work well.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I thought you were just speaking Modern American Ghetto.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And that is why, Ladies & Gents, they keep finding dead bodies in lake Mead...