1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

See above. I'm not stirring anything up just commenting on things I know about for sure and to dispell rumors I've heard. I may be wrong about the interpretation of the regs, I didn't write this rulebook. But the procedure is quite a bit different than it was in the past and different than CCS and maybe even WERA ( I haven't read WERA rules in a while).

My personal philosophy is that the best way to settle any of these issues is to suck it up, put the best bike on the track within the rules and beat all comers. Nothing is more satisfying.

G 97 likes this.
  2. Knarf Legna

Wasn't my decision. I would have looked at the ECU, spark makes a massive impact with these little motors and changing ignition is out of bounds.

G 97 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Awww, is poor eggy still mad he got called out? :crackup:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Repeated team infractions, rider is the only one you can punish even if they didn't do it themselves.

G 97 likes this.
  5. Knarf Legna

No argument. But I'd rather see him try a tough pass than back off like he did a lot last year. Without taking anyone out, of course, that's never acceptable.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roebling is like that too, not as high speed as Brainerd but still high speed too. Makes for some spectacular crashes.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

MA Definitely has the teams and riders attention now. Mission accomplished. LOL

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly totally understand why he did it and I agree his aggressiveness did need a bump - but now it needs a slight adjustment the other direction to balance him out. :D

I think you guys are doing good with it all and while this one may not have needed intervention by race control for him to understand his mistake, I get why they felt the need to do it. Situations like that suck for everyone.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, you know as much as anyone that it’s easier to hold a rider back a little then to have to try and make them become more aggressive. I would have have been just as disappointed if he didn’t try. He’s fun to watch.

Knarf Legna likes this.
  10. Knarf Legna

Have to consider that the guy you took out got zero points, why should the guilty party keep them?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just saw one video clip and was wondering if it ever actually came back down :crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She married Stoney, it is what it is :D

FWIW I've known his dad for decades and they're a great family but no way would they ever be considered normal. Not a damn thing wrong with that either.

SundaySocial and ungwaha like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where doe the fee go? Normal deal of protestor if illegal and protestee if not?

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I want a foot long cock and 18 strippers and endless blow, but here we are. LOL arguing about kids racing motorcycles.

Ducman851, G 97 and Knarf Legna like this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

are the cases/cylinder one in the same? LOL I am literally building 2 right now, you'd think I would know, but I haven't looked at engines yet. LOL

G 97 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, basically because that's where the cheating happens. No one does heads or cylinders anymore because it's so easy to get busted.

17. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

A wise man once told me: "You gotta F*ck with the C*ck you got!"

18. Robby-Bobby

Oh I am NOT complaining. Somehow, my entire life I have dated/married way above my looks scale. Im gonna just assume its the personality.

G 97 likes this.
  19. FastByKids

Ceramic bearings?

20. FastByKids

Or a long tongue...

I kid I kid!!!

Yea, I'm batting way above my skill level also. Definitely married up.