1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Aug 1, 2022.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A major factor in the run up in home prices is the increase in venture capital into the market, build to rent. Not all of their investments are sound.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

fix motorcycle & enjoy socal weather.
    No 4 wheeled vehicle will equal the ROI of throttle therapy. Markets schmarkets.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yes they are.

You mistakenly believe that short term profit is the motivation.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We shall see.

5. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

When the first friend of mine bought a house, he paid 469K for a house next to the beach.. We all thought he was crazy "holy crap, that is expensive!" About a year later, I looked at the same type of house (didn't buy), but it had appreciated to $650K, "holy crap, that is expensive!" Couple of years later, 1,000K "holy crap, that is expensive!".. Then bought a house away from the beach in Costa Mesa.. 525k "holy crap, that is expensive!" Couple years after that, bought our current house 1,000K, "holy crap, that is expensive!" For reference, this happened from 1998 to 2009 in socal.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter what, purchasing a house is eye watering and feels like the end of the world.. Always has been, always will be. Doesn't mean that in the long term it's not a good decision. But I do agree, I would think that right now the odds favor sitting on the sidelines for a year or two to see what happens to the prices.

Sudowoodo and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, cash flow is not their first consideration. They are looking long term valuation. They have been doing this on the commercial property side pretty heavily in the last 12 years or so and recently turned their attention to residential.

The shitty thing is they are really putting the squeeze on first time buyers and when the market correction comes, they will simply walk away resulting in home valuations for everyone to plummet. But as you stated, they aren’t focused on the rent/cash flow, their focus is long term valuation.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Their focus isn’t even long term valuation.

It’s control.

Absolute control over the only “real” hard asset. Land.

From that land derives control of all the resources of this country. Food. Minerals. Water. Energy.

Then we get in dungeon territory.

Saiyan66 and Banditracer like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Buying houses at a premium to gain control of 1/3 acre, one transaction at a time???? I have a more efficient and more effective option for them if land control is truly their end game. Nevermind all residential property has already signed away all of the mineral and water rights and no amount of gardening in a 10’x 20’ plot is going to effect net food production one way or the other.

9. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

If you do the math, with his $200k income, after taxes @ 40% gives him $120,000k. Expenses are $3500/month, giving him about $6500/month left over. The car isn't available for 15 months or so so he could conceivably save all of the money for this $100k car in 15 or 16 months, just in time to pick it up thus having no car payment.

I think the car is beautiful, you make good money, buy it and enjoy it; life is too short to drive a fucking Kia to work house or no house!!

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Think big. You said it yourself, commercial properties have been consolidated into the hands of ever smaller numbers of owners.

Now what’s happening with massive agricultural consolidations?

There’s a certain 7-letter word that’s been thrown about a lot these past 6 years…starts with an “F”.

Follow the bouncing ball. And get your vouchers.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Fat fuck? That’s 7 but is two words. Facebook? 8 letters. Fetish? Like feet or naked Jewish guy coffee tables? It’s only 6 letters but it is right around 6 years since Sleeper Cell did bring up the naked Jewish guy coffee table so that must be it!

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Senna likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Faggots?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Who decided to bring firewood into the conversation?

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That's 8.

Tinfoil is 7 and there's an F in it...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

firwood.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Facials?

18. R Acree