1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Mrs. Landers is super-cool! She works her ass off at the track, too.

My friend's two young sons are huge fans of Rocco. At Road America I always point them in the direction of the Landers' hauler. They patiently wait for Rocco to appear. If he's not around, Mama Landers always drops what she's doing to talk to the boys, give them Rocco stuff (used sliders, faceshields, posters, etc.).

{Oh yeah...*weird)

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

There is no name on it, how we know it’s yours? :D

3. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

If I had the money I'd already have done that.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I miss that dude in the SBK/SS field. He's always been my favorite.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

WTF you wack jobs still haven't got back to the SBK races and figured if they liked the Japanese front or why Jake crashed?

evakat and G 97 like this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

The kids you are naming are all competing in grapefruit leagues, until you have put in results in RBRC or in the CEV junior world championship, it doesn’t mean much. Tyler Scott did the Rookie’s Cup and then ETC racing against guys who now are in Moto3, unfortunately he was mostly in the back. The. look how he spanked the field last year in MA and that tells you a lot how far behind the American kids are compared to the rest of world.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well to be honest, I was hoping you would fill us all in. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Rational thought and reality have no place in his world.

StaccatoFan and 5axis like this.
  9. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Grapefruit leagues?

Ok then, nothing I can say in response to that.

However I'll put this in the memory banks, because I think a Rossi Moore would hurt some feelings in the SS class.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The series looks more healthy overall than it has previously regardless of what talent was better when. I do often imagine if we had enough money to keep our own talent what could be. JD, Cam, Garrett all on SBKs with funding. I get that riders want and sometimes need to go abroad (or flat tracking) for cash, but I really wish they didn't have to.

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

No doubt since soon the SS class will be made up of former kids from the Junior Cup. Don’t assume just because kids goes to Europe race it’s in highly competitive series, but I agree, Rossi Moore is probably the one who are having the best chances moving onto bigger and better things like the CEV.

12. FastByKids

From my observation, kids who come back from Europe seem to have a bit more toughness and maturity. Increased results are usually immediately achieved.

13. FastByKids

Hmm, case in point.

Nobody cares about SBK. :Poke:

Glad Jake was able to walk away.

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Max Toth is racing a 600 in CEV as well as the Tropheo Cup in CIV. He is doing very well in both series.

JJJerry, noles19 and FastByKids like this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How much do you need? We could all chip in and have the Beeb sponsorship deal.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

@cortezmachine would be all over this, because… You know, it’s a good investment

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

You just proved I don’t need help getting my name out there :P

Kev59 likes this.
  18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

We running the rest of the season or one-off races?

19. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

My speculation is exiting the turn before... the front did a nice headshake... maybe just enough to upset the brake pads within the calipers... so when Jake went to apply brake for next turn... just a nanosecond of soft brake and that sent him off line.

20. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Well of course... get punched in the face. The choice is - figure out how to punch back, or leave.

Boman Forklift and FastByKids like this.