1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Clearly you are watching for the wrong thing. Why am I not surprised. No one ever stated that the baggers were not more fun to watch. What does this matter towards the discussion at hand. Seemingly you are unable to keep on subject.

Mods please change this posters name to Zig-Zag.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Being a dumb ass and not knowing what you are talking about is far from turning the tables you dolt. LOL. It’s funny for some one who proclaims to be in the know and not being triggered being so sensitive towards people in the know who continually call you out on your misguided, uninformed babbling. Boo hoo. LOL

CR750 likes this.
  3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Thank you for those words, Frank. I just got home from Loudon, and the mood was definitely subdued. This weekend we had plans to honor Scott Mullin, who passed away a year ago. Then the news filtered in about Scott Briody. These two were arguably the most popular people in the paddock. The loss was devastating. As I just finished reading this particular thread about people not being able to continue working and the subsequent food fight, all I can say is this. We don't have a chaplain for consoling people at Loudon, the mood was rather somber at the riders meeting. But I think Frank will agree, if Scott was capable of any input at that meeting, it would be, "Stop this morose BS on my behalf, get out there and go racing!" I think the riders sensed that, and that's what happened. We had a glorious weekend of racing as well as a massive lap of honor for Scott Mullin.
    As the Daytona 200 was in different hands this year, I had to figure out how to get on pit lane other than sending an email to ASRA/CCS to put my name on the gate list. I looked at the entry list and saw Scott's name. I contacted him about putting me on his crew list just to get in. I told him I would gladly pay for it. I was one of those unlucky bastards who waited 3 hours in the credentials line when I got to the track. When I got the credential, it did not include Hot Pit access. Oh well. I got to his garage, and he apologized and explained that he had used up all of his Hot Pit passes. I said it was OK and asked him how much I owed him. He waved me off. A couple of hours later, he found out he had one more Hot Pit pass, and he went online and assigned it to me. I picked it up the next morning, came back in, and for about the sixth time, I asked him how much I owed him. He waved me off and said, "Just take pictures." He fed his crew well during that event, and if there was any extra, he always told me to dig in. I had been hanging around with his crew the year before and took pictures then, too.
    When somebody from the track passes away, I'll go through my pictures and find theirs. I always seem to find one that is appropriate for the situation. I feel this one is a good last glance of Scott. Taken at Daytona Speedway in March of 2021.

Godspeed.

[​IMG]

And now back to your regularly scheduled bickering. :p

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  4. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I think it is Sisyphean, but we all got your point.:bow:

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Scott's daughter Darian was there and had the chance to say farewell at the scene. She was devastated but kept saying that she knew that Scott would tell her to stop crying, everything would be ok. I was at a loss for words, just hugged her and nodded that I knew she was right. He was a prince among men.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Facts are facts like you say. I haven’t looked at any of the rounds and don’t pay much attention to the cup since we have been out of racing for awhile and the kids I know have moved onto the other classes.

Anyway….facts show Rocco was spanking the winning rider by over .2 fastest lap to fastest lap and Rocco gapped the field and probably slowed down at that point since he wasn’t being pushed.

Until this weekend Rocco hasn’t won on a 600 and got his peepee spanked when he went to Europe. I think he is good I’m just not sure he is at the same level as some of the previous US stars that went to Europe, however Hayes seems to have really helped tune Rocco up.

Where as the kids like JD Beach and Gagne went to Europe and won the entire rookies cup, as I recall. Even Joe Roberts went there for 3 years and if he didn’t win any races, I don’t remember, he at least put it on the box.

So tell me again what facts make you think the current crop are going to jump up and dominate the SS class?

I really do think Kayla, Gus and Van do look good, probably a few others too. I just don’t see them winning when they first step up, IMO it takes awhile.

7. Boman Forklift

Got Damn, I didn’t know he was that big a legand!!!:bow:

8. Boman Forklift

I love having your insight in this place, you do a lot of research and provide links from other places. So please tell me what you found, because I’m a fat, old, lazy, guy.

9. Boman Forklift

Shit, it was #1 wasn’t it. You are just being modest on here. :D

G 97 likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

C’mon, that doesn’t fit the narrative

11. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Comparing times in Junior Cup is difficult. They can have a drastic change just by the difference of a headwind or tailwind down the long straights.

13. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Well, I was trolling to get a rise out of Garth. If you read further in the thread I stated current crop of kids are 2 second ish off of Rocco.

However there are US kids in Europe doing the business.
    Rossi Moore (American Born, not sure if he changed nationality) is whooping it up Northern Talent Cup.
    KDJ is in Spain putting in the work and just gets faster and faster every year against phenomenal talent.
    Mikey Sanchez has aligned with Jose Pena in Spain and is always sitting on / near podium.
    Cody Kitchens doing the business winning R6 cup races in Spain.
    As for the Rookies Cup, they haven't accepted a American since the Rocco debacle.
    I'm sure, might be more Americans over there but these are the ones my kids follow.

I'd say those kids mentioned above could most likely make a HUGE splash in SS. If when they decide to come back home (age in).

As for the current crop of Jr Cup kids, I definitely wouldn't sleep on anyone in the top five. Each year I'm seeing growth and improvement from which is exactly what the class is designed to do. Now they might take a few more years to develop, but I'm sure you will be seeing those names in the future dicing it up in SS for the podium.

As for Dzume, have no idea what the hell the little ankle biter is talking about. This is the second forum he has puked his nonsense.

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Jr cup is absolutely more fun to watch than sb.

As is twins and hardleys.

Rocco's mom is just as wierd and awkward as rocco himself. Could do without her antics.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Every class but SBK is fun to watch. Supersport was awesome this weekend, Hayes is an awesome wildcard.

drop and FastByKids like this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Met her once or twice, didn’t notice anything. I will say Stoney, Rocco’s dad, is a great dude, I have a ton of respect for him and what he and Rocco have accomplished.

CR750 likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hardly

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Zig-Zag. That you?

19. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Nothing but love for you sweet cheeks!

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Find me a few bucks and I’ll put Fonger on one.