1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effing California

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jul 29, 2022.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

But you work for woke company so that’s expected…

2. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Nope, it's not a game being played just in orgs, it's being played for keeps outside. And remember, the great tyrannies of the left in the 20th century succeeded because EVERYONE agreed to lie about the delusions of reality. The same woke offenses above could soon be outside of the workplace.

Imagine it's a neighbour, a friend, a family member, even your own child that is offended or feels mentally/culturally unsafe around you as their parent. It's not far fetched to say if you are fearful in your job or career for not saying the 'right' thing, or a fearful of repurcussions of saying something you really think to be true, you are already living it.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

As a contractor at the company I formerly worked for, I was not required to attend all the BS woke ass training. However, we were all given a large container of multi-colored paper clips that were a prop for the next days diversity training. When all my friends who were still employees went to the mandatory training I took everyone's paper clips, made a chain out of them, and strung them throughout the office. I mean, you couldn't get into the office and do any work at all due to the obstructions. The irony wasn't lost on anyone. :eek:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Evidently, some need accompanying diagrams & pictures for reading comprehension...

Here, perhaps this will help:

BLUE => [Texas] => Red

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I understand the nature of the game. Corporations are whores, they parrot whatever line they think people and the state want to hear. Right now, the popular philosophy de jure is woketardism. Beyond voting with their feet and telling the company to fuck off, what do you really expect people to do?

I see it all as a game, I have exactly as much loyalty as they do to me. Zero. My job is to do what I’m being paid for to the best of my ability, take as much as possible from them and burnish my resume for the next job where I can get a lot more money.

If you stick around a company for 10+ years you have to put up with and care about their shit. I never plan on sticking around more than a few years so I really don’t care about their fuck fuck games. If you’re sticking around more than 3 years you’re probably leaving 40% on the table, fuck that.

You can also choose to work for companies whose values align more or less than with your own and accept the consequences in pay or happiness on either side.

Just about the only thing you can do about it is choose where you work. You as an individual will never change their culture or have the resources to punish them adequately for their stupidity.

I’m currently a data engineer at a mid-size IT consulting firm, we have a very small HR department so their ability to make trouble and shove nonsense down our throats is extremely limited. Many of the employees came from other countries and have limited tolerance for woke BS. That’s one reason I took the job. We have some bullshit check the box training, but you really can’t get away from it 100%. I had to do jerkoff training in the Army too, they helped build up my tolerance I guess. :crackup:

I get hit up all the time by big tech, tech startups, and entertainment company recruiters that would be able to pay me a lot more and look great on the resume. I just don’t want to deal with their bullshit and their moron offended employees. The first one that tried to evangelize me about free hormone therapy for kindergarteners I’d tell to fuck off.

I am much happier at my current company than I would be working at Meta or the Mouse. It’s not without a price though. Not taking those jobs is costing me about $70-100k a year at least. I have a personal venture that will yield a lot more, so I don’t really give a shit as I don’t plan to stay an employee forever.

Also, I haven’t shared that figure with my wife. Shhh. :beer:

RichB, socalrider and MachineR1 like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C‘Mon Austin has been super liberal for a long time. I think it was back in 85-90 when I lived in Dallas, I just didn’t know what liberal meant.

8. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

I read all of this. Effing California.
    Edit Wait wtf . The longest post Ive ever read. Ha wow

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  9. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Dude ! I'm telling you it's not just California it's every 30-year-old mutha Fkin , out of college manager, Human recourses mngr, Junior CEO whatever..

They're nothing but small-minded pacifists . From the Atlantic to the Pacific from Mexico to Canada.
    We're dinosaurs.. we are a dying breed.. our day in the sun is over flat ass over!

I went back to work for a company for a year and a half.. the company is based in Arizona. It's construction oriented... Had to sit through a s*** ton of sexual harassment b******* transgender gender neutral bathrooms..
    And the icing on the cake was f****** covid and all the f***ing Nancy f***ing boys and their mask mandates...
    It's beyond pathetic.. I know a woman who's 45 who just had a child she posted a celebratory post on Instagram yesterday that her child was vaccinated for COVID.
    R U f***ing kidding me... I s*** you not I bet you $5 that crazy liberal woman is going to have her baby vaccinated for Monkeypox....
    It's absolute sheer utter social brainwashing..
    And there's nothing we can do about it we're f****ed the country's f***ed, it's all f***Ed.
    Seriously...just get me through the next 25-39 years w a roof over my head .they can all go Fk themselves......when there all destitute and sending their $ to China....
    You know what I'm saying is going to be the reality.
    Mutha F#kers... right down the toilet.

And yes California's been pretty f***** up OSHA.. when things were Rock and rolling in construction they're nothing but a money generating vein of California... You can't believe the un f****ing stupid guidelines that they come up with for anything and everything you can possibly imagine....
    Then you get one of several managers who are f****** useless... All trying to implement Johnny come lately b*******.
    SORRY FOR THE RANT BUT I'M JUST SAYING AN AGREEING W A LITTLE MORE FRUSTRATION AND ANGER...
    AND HOPELESSNESS.
    I'm dead serious I don't have kids but our grandchildren are absolutely going to be slaves...
    No Questions.. Rome is burning...right into the cold hard dirt...

The people are weak they don't stand up they don't do a damn thing they're.. lemmings off a cliff.
    They didn't do anything to the government over the 2008 collapse and the bailouts.
    That right there is proof that the citizens will just roll over...

G 97, 650 RACER and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Who is they? Isn’t that you?

You were probably only about 40-43 in 2008, prime age for your spun up ass to do something about this problem you are ranting about.

If I remember correctly you are only mid 50s now, you still have time…go fix it.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A good thing dinosaurs went instinct, they would have been troublesome....

And BTW, her kid, her choice.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It has been - but this is a different level entirely now. I know a number of born and raised Austin folks who will never go back and they really liked it old school weird.

13. auminer

Austin is borderline SanFran now. Dallas is lost. Fort Worth and Houston aren't far behind.

The fact that the skateboard hasn't already been demolished by the wheelchair is strong evidence of what I'm saying.

14. Boman Forklift

Skateboard and wheelchairs WTF are you talking about Karen? :D

I think this liberal wokeism is pretty much everywhere in the US, unfortunately.

15. auminer

Gotta be cryptic around these parts... :rolleyes:

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

These issues are not Calif per say . It's the way the country is going...people just can't blame all their problems in their state, on a fraction of a demographic moving out of Calif..
    It's just the direction the country as a whole has shifted.. it's set in motion and it is only going in one direction.
    The old adage is "As California goes, So does the country"

My opinion and millions of others is that... it's going down.

As far as making a change....I did and I do, to the best of my ability. I try to put my money where my mouth is ...as best I can.

I choose who I work for..or decide not to if I don't like their forced policies or medical mandates they..
    that was a easy moral decision.

I vote as best I can w the info I research, even though I'm in Calif where it's often makes no difference , no difference whatsoever in the wide scope of things.. pretty much .your vote literally doesn't count here..unless your on one side.
    That can't even really be debated

As mentioned, I'm in my 50s.. pretty much always had the views I've had and voted like we should according our/ my opinion.
    As I've been educated and researched opinions can change.. For the most part almost everybody I know closely as family & friends.. when it comes down to the nitty gritty.. has quite similar views and opinions ?

That ALL comes to a grinding halt when we get to the demographics of 40 and below.. that's where a massive change is happening...in America...in general ( of course there are exceptions) but from what I'm seeing ...It's laughable... Remember the storylines or movie The Watchmen... Not long before his death in his 50s he realizes it's all futile..it's all a cruel a joke... Well dammit

As for her baby..yea no kidding..it's her choice but a 40 yr old mom w a 3 yr old..needing a Covid vaccination regimen.. she's even promoting monkeypox vaccinations..lol

"to me" it's just an example of social. influencing or indoctrination.,
    She's college educated as well.. She's a hardcore advocate for gender neutral restrooms, Gay rights, raising her child as such, and she definitely only holds to an extreme liberal household..
    So many undaviduals will fall on their sword with contradictory proof in their hands..that seems to be the norm these days? Who am I kidding it's Human Nature... It was the same 2,000 years ago it'll be the same 2000 years from now

It's all good...I'm in my 50s... statistics sayI 'll only be breathing air for 10-21 more years on average.
    So I'm just gonna live life my way to the best of my ability ...I got to sleep good at night lol.

Just fun to ramble bout stuff...Everyone have a pleasant day...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, I've been nice. Stop the quasi political shit. I don't care what the kids are doing these days if they're not racing nor do I care who is on whose lawn.

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

En espanel por favor

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bitte keine Politik.

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..