MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm not sure I can handle much more loss in this sport. Like you, I've known so many that are now gone or paralyzed. On one hand, its a beautiful thing to understand the passion these people have in the sport and their love for it, but the loss and pain for family members and friends left to deal with the pieces is overwhelming. I sort of wish everyone would just race Ninja 250s, have fun and be safe.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Maybe there was some confusion there or the MA rules have not been updated? I just combed through the MA regs and it states that the swingarm must be run as homoligated and not modified, except for the addition quick change kits.

G 97 likes this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

One of the last fatalities at the track I remember was in a Ninja 250 race...

You can get killed taking a shit.

I have spent last few years staying away from the track, keeping it "safe". It has made me irritable, depressed and generally a miserable person to be around.

Guy was 51 and living his best life and absolutely going for it. Something to be admired. RIP racer.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Rispoli looks as if he broke collar bone ?
    Edit, re injured wrist.

418 likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

Another weird situation.

Need medical? Sit down and wait.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's awful news. Can't be easy to finish the weekend for the people who knew him.

Rest in peace, Scott.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nor for the people who attended. They’re still expected to be out there working the event today.

G 97 likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

For me I think it’s a bit easier being out there on track or being busy in the pits just to have something different to concentrate on in order to take my mind off of things. It’s only after the weekend while running or doing yard work when my mind frees up will it hit me. But for sure it sucks either way. As much as I love this sport, I hate it just as much. I’m glad seeing bikes out on track.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

My only complaint about the bagger class is that I don’t think you could even get a case of beer to fit inside the bags. :rtfrb:

mdroadracer and henry_carlson like this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

Wyman wringing the absolute shit out of that bagger.

Shocker likes this.
  11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

These guys need to take a page out of Bobby Fong's playbook and just lay down to bring up a red flag and then get up and ride back to the pits.

Seemed weird that they were throwing up red flags left and right this morning and then all of a sudden wait to throw one even though Rispoli was constantly waving that he needs medical.

Suzuka_joe and 418 like this.
  12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Every track situation will definitely be highly scrutinised going forward.

Drama in the 5K bagger challenge.

MA gotta communicate proper grids. Geez

Fong swinging a huge sack, wow!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    418 likes this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What's the poop with the new front? Accepted? Better? Who's using it?

Peter Hively likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

And that bagger bit back....

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Fong!

henry_carlson likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

The Fonginator. :rock::clap:

FastByKids and MELK-MAN like this.
  17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Is Fong dating one of the umbrella girls?

G 97 likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: I thought the same, LOL

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

He is engaged to jack roachs older sister.

dieterly likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wow, that’s amazing, it’s so incredible to know that woman can actually work on their own bikes. Who knew? Mind blown.