1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effing California

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I had to do a similar training once for work.

All the scenarios were of course featuring a white male as the perpetrator. Typical shit like "Mark said Denise has a phat ass. Why is mark in violation of HR policy?"

My favorite part of the course was this scenario where some grizzly warehouse manager would call his peons all sort of racist names. Yang the Asian worker was "slanty," Mary the blonde worker was "bimbo," and Greg the white dude was "the albino cracker."

It was a multiple-choice answer to the scenario of why the warehouse manager was in violation. I answered "cultural and racial insensitivity." No brainer, right?

NOPE. Because the warehouse manager treated all his peons the same way with the same level of insensitivity, he was NOT in violation of any HR policy. :crackup:

Sabre699 and stangmx13 like this.
  2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So being a complete as$hole isn't against HR policy. Sounds legit.

I've worked for a few.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You sound like someone that rolls over.

4. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Problem is woke people only need to feel harassed, so you don't even need to actively harass them, they infer something and self-harass.

Motofun352, R1M370 and pickled egg like this.
  5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Fixed

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

<sarcasm>Im sure what you said covers literally every kind of harassment that occurs in the workplace....</sarcasm>

'Lying about harassment' is an action that would make someone fall under "asshole"

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not in the eyes of our current culture…

BigBird likes this.
  8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Kinda. IMO, lawyers are a lot like doctors. It'd be cool if we didn't need them and I wish they weren't so expensive. But we do need them to solve issues. And the amount of training and resources most of them need to do their job is crazy.

And obviously, it'd be amazing to get rid of asshole lawyers.

9. ton

ton Arf!

As much as I’d love to stir this hornet’s nest of snowflake indignation… it’s after noon on a Friday in CA. Time for a bourbon and cigar by the pool. Happy weekend!

:flag:

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

As an organizational matter, if they have significant business in a place that requires specific training, it’s probably easier as a whole just to have everyone do it rather than track who’s done it and is eligible to work on certain projects etc.

The belief systems described in the training are stupid as fuck, but remember it’s a tick the box exercise and all just part of the game.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It's 100F here in Portland.
    Gin and Tonix with Ice and Limes.

@auminer Texas will run out of water and power before it gets too many invaders...

12. sdg

sdg *

Ditto.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And THAT... not the Hokey Pokey... is what it's all about. :beer:

14. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

I work in California for an organization that is very into this stuff. Every month is celebrating something...
    Constant training on this woke bullshit...

funny enough, they addressed this actual situation. The constant “victim card “ player.

I’m sure the irony was lost on them.

Not every Californian believes or supports this stuff. There’s just lots and lots of people (mostly from other places) that live in the cities and try to control the way the rest of us, well... do just about anything!

good luck with all the idiots that move from here to escape, yet bring their same ideas with them! Never understood that one.

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You got REPLACEMENT THEORY from that post? Holy fuck you really are a POS RACIST! I mean, fuck dude, like real deal you are a fucking racist douche!

16. auminer

Nah, bro... That's just TZ.

17. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I like that.

So, to do business in California you have to play by California’s rules. Isn’t it easy to figure that one out? If you don’t like their rules, terminate the California business you are doing. Seems really basic and simple.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I got a giggle out of an article about Mexico city. The locals are pissed about all the Americans moving there because they can work remotely and they refuse to speak anything but English. Locals are protesting and asking them to leave their country. I was in tears reading it.

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'd call in Monte Hall and say "Let's Make a Deal!" :crackup:

20. auminer

Living in Texas I've learned to say one phrase in perfectly accented Spanish: "I only speak Spanish when I am in Mexico."

:D

YamahaRick likes this.