1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That was a repost... :D

2. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Seems kind of like horsehit regarding Ben. All those years of tutelage under Schwantz, without any ambitions of being a GP champion?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I've heard it from his mom and from himself. They had no reason to lie to me.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I remember reading in RRW when Ben was still running AMA, he didn't want to deal with travel and going to the world scene. I imagine it was along those lines.

BigBird likes this.
  5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

A little skewed, as the bike part was only half of a lap.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Separate issue.

You might be the only person on earth taking this seriously. :D

BigBird likes this.
  7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm just saying, at least make it fair.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Of course it’s serious, :DAlonso would get waxed on a bike at MotoGP level, just like Schumacher would. Although I think he won some races in the German series, which if it wasn’t a club level deal is pretty impressive.

9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hell, I’d take almost anyone over Puig. It may be a great paying gig but I wonder how many qualified applicants really want to work for HRC.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Puig has got to have photos of a Japanese boss taken after a championship celebration that went too far. That's the only way he found his way back into the HRC garage.

The Great One and Quicktoy like this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It blows my mind he’s still there.
    Figured they’d try Criville or another large influence of the sort.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Or he’s an ass but gets shit done. Don’t know why that’s lost on so may dumbasses. Even a third grader could figure that out.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, he's doing great without Márquez. At least you got the "shit" part right.

The Great One likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He double dips. He is (or was) the sponsorship liaison for Repsol. He also was manager for some of the riders on the Honda team. Guess that’s triple dipping.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Longtime Pedrosa manager. But I think it was after Pedrosa dropped him that he got the HRC job. I don't know which other riders he manages.

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

In 2017, Livio Suppo led the team to P1 (Marquez) and P4 (Pedrosa) in the championship. Since Puig took over.....

2018 - P1 (Marquez) and P11 (Pedrosa)
    2019 - P1 (Marquez) and P19 (Lorenzo)
    2020 - P14 (A. Marquez) and P19 (Bradl)
    2021 - P7 (Marquez) and P12 (P. Espargaro)
    2022 to date - P13 (Marquez) and P17 (P. Espargaro)

So basically, the best thing Puig has done since being in this role was to inherit Marc Marquez.

18. BHP41

Hmmmm. Signed JL, signed Pol , going to sign Mir.
    I’d say he’s doing decent at worst. MM likes him and Honda do also.
    You think he has anything to do with the bike and it’s development? You know better than that, Hotrod. Keep wheeling yourself around posturing like you know more than everyone. Push push push.

19. BHP41

You might want to think of who runs Honda instead of who manages riders and the team. So what you’re saying is since the last guy left, it’s been downhill. Well, we can all see that. Is that Puig fault? No.
    Don’t fall into the trap of the cripple and feel like you’re getting points on this board by agreeing with Hotrod.
    Think for yourself.

20. BHP41

While I’m not defending Puig, placing the blame on him is stupid at best. Honda (and I’m a huge fan) have done nothing to get a bike that works in the small small margins that is modern day GP. People tend to forget that aspect. Honda being .7 or .8 off of pole and .4 in race pace would have put them solidly in the top 5 if not the podium in what a lot here consider the “golden era” of Grand Prix. So let’s keep things perspective.