1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effing California

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jul 29, 2022.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'm sitting here watching a F*&^*ING hour long video, with quizzes, for a F*(%^% harassment course on CA specific woke as harassment.

I dont live in CA.
    My company is not based in CA.

Why da Fuq do we let these idiots control what we in the rest of the US do.

MotherF*^*()ers!!

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's San Andreas' fault.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

According to the resident know it all, the rest of the US would not be able to survive as a prosperous nation if Cali left the union. Oh and they have water rights. LOL.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Do you have customers in CA? If so, harassment of them would be actionable under CA law.

5. ChemGuy

Yes, but that shouldnt matter.

The issue is our US parent has divisions in CA and instead of only making them watch this stupid $hit they make all of the subs watch it.

I think next time someone in CA asks for product i am addd some $$ to the price for pissing me off with a FU^*ING HOUR of videos.

AGGGGHHHHH

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You sound like a bitch. Maybe you should just get a different job.

freedomgli likes this.
  7. beac83

I used to have to watch training about UK and EU laws at work, every.damn.year.

My job with them never touched on anything outside of the US.

Its just part of engaging in the global economy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    ChemGuy likes this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I had to do TWO this year- one for CA and one for IL. I'm based in Orlando. Grrrrr!

ChemGuy likes this.
  9. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

I've felt your pain. There was a certain month that is celebrated and our HR out of DC sent out e-mail asking what your district was doing in regards to the celebration.

I was near the end of my career and going to punch out in 7 months. I sent a reply back to the sender " Not a God Damn thing"!

Well I got called in on the carpet. Big boss said "don't do that shit again". I said "OK". Then he laughed and and told me to have a great day. Best U.S. Marshal I've ever had the pleasure to serve with!

10. ChemGuy

What no NY specific ones yet?

Man they are falling behind.

I cant wait for a TX specific one. It will be like how to drink beer or best way to conceal your pistol.

mattys281-2 and evakat like this.
  11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'll bet anything that there's a course called that on the way to an MBA.

I find it interesting that small companies are most frequently founded by laborers (in a general sense, not the actual job title). Then they grow into big companies and decide that they need to elicit the guidance of someone with an MBA, who potentially has never been a revenue producer in any business, to tell them how to run their business. Of course they also need an HR person, who has never signed the lower right corner of a paycheck, to tell them how to manage their people.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

There's a reason people are fleeing the state.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fleas?

14. ChemGuy

Communist Fleas??

tony 340 likes this.
  15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

California was a weird place in my life. It was s strange place where normally did not exhist

16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

The company I work for got shaken down by non other than Jessie Jackson and his rainbow coalition. They settled with that crook and part of the settlement was all employees had to go through diversity training.

I laughed at the irony of the training that assumed I’m a racist because of my gender/race.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Don't be so sure. Texas has maybe 12 years left. The cancer fleeing the thread title state is largely moving here and bringing their bed-shitting ways with them. :(

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. beac83

Well, this has gone in a sketchy direction.
    I'll hop on my bike and head for the hills now.

Headed to Glacier NP to catch up with my CA buddy, we ride in MT, AB, BC, WA, OR, CA, and then I come back home.

Boman Forklift, backho and vfrket like this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

There you go, the actual Replacement Theory... :D

Oh the irony, I have an hour of video to watch now! :crackup:

20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I bet your company is training you so that they aren't liable in the event that someone gets harassed. Obviously, the best solution is for people to not harass anyone. Then you probably wouldn't need any training. Unfortunately, assholes always ruin things for everyone.