1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Another tense and interesting episode. Unusual to have so much (seeming) closure in one episode, thought obviously there are still quite a few arcs to be resolved in the remaining five. So unusual to have a show where you know where several of the characters wind up, but not how they get there - and others (like Kim) where you have no idea where or how.

G Dawg likes this.
  2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Several scenario's were going through my mind about what was going to happen when Kim reached the door.
    One of them is exactly what happened .

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

Re-using actors much?

4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Is Kim really going away that easy?

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  5. auminer

Seems very hard to conceive that they would build such an integral character over several seasons and then write her out in a one paragraph, "Kim gets disillusioned, quits the bar, breaks up with Jimmy, packs her shit and leaves"

Killswitch likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, either you guys are blind, or I missed when this was discussed in previous years but I can't believe I'm the first one to bring it up…

As I was watching Gus Fring sitting by himself at the bar, I literally thought to myself "wow, it's amazing how this guy seems incapable of experiencing joy. He's probably never even been in love with a woman, as we've never seen him interact with one." Why did I think that at that particular moment? I have no idea. The next thing I know, the dude with the vest shows up and the scene moves to a gay connection. It all makes sense now.

Killswitch likes this.
  7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I thought is was pretty obvious that when Hector shot Gus' partner that there was more than a business connection there.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wouldn't surprise me at all that I missed that: I have the worst gaydar you've ever seen.

Slider82 likes this.
  9. auminer

I thought it was so obvious that it didn't need to be mentioned.

Yeah, your gaydar is broken. :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"Broken" would imply that it works at some point. It never has.

11. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Wasn't that his brother?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can someone remind me how Don Eladio got his? I remember how Mike and Salamanca Were disposed of, but not Eladio. I'm picturing his swimming pool for some reason but it's been featured in other scenes, so my mind must just be making something up.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't even remember if Gus made it to the end of BB either. Maybe it's been long enough to make that second pass at and enjoy being surprised again once in a while.

13. WMRRA #22 - SH

WMRRA #22 - SH WMRRA #22

Gus poisoned him and his crew with tainted tequila.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thank you.

15. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

They were brothers in chicken only.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought this show was over a couple years ago.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They had someone they knew well get his brains blown out in front of them by a cartel member, because of their actions after they publicly tried to ruin him. Then Kim went to commit a murder to save Jimmy’s ass but instead got captured by some other cartel operatives, then when she got home watched Howard get stuffed into her refrigerator.

Then they had to piss on his memory and reputation to save their own skin, and gaslight the shit out of his widow and effectively try to blame her for his suicide.

That sounds like enough to make anyone who’s not a 100% sociopath re-evaluate their choices. :crackup:

Razr likes this.
  18. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

thanks, now I’ll need to go re-watch the entire BB series after BCS wraps up. Actually been thinking about doing that anyway

19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Eladio is killed by Fring with poisoned tequila.

Fring is killed by Salamonca in the suicide bombing at the nursing home planned by Walter White after the failed car bomb at the hospital.

Can't fucking believe Kim just walks away.....what a BS move. I'm pissed after this episode.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks. The memory of that scene had faded in my mind over time and became Walter blowing up Salamanca in the nursing home.

Walter did leave the bomb with Salamanca, right? And the now renewed memory of a disfigured Fring after the explosion is not just my mind making up stuff again, right?

ClemsonsR6 likes this.