1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Yamaha R1 LE With 6 Miles - What Will It Go For?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Jul 16, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

evakat likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Probably not much.... I'll bet the zero mile Aprilia RS250 goes for more.

3. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I just can't understand how you could have something like that sitting in your garage/collection and not ride it? Only 6 miles? WTF.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I have a 1975 RD350, a 47 year old motorcycle, with about 1,000 miles on it. Purchased around 20 years ago. Still looks like it just got out of the crate.

That's why I don't ride it.

dtalbott and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Outside of some kinda sentimentality... life is short bikes are cheap.

6. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

As complete as it is I'm curious why, of all things, the second key is absent

03RumbleBee and YamahaRick like this.
  7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If you can afford to buy something like this to never use it, you can afford two. One for riding, one for storage.

Britt likes this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

These online auctions have ruined the market.

I wonder how much of these are actually real vs. people trying to prop the value of their own bikes.

Shenanigans and 03RumbleBee like this.
  9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Bidding currently at $16,766 and that hasn't reached the reserve price yet.

10. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

For buyers, not sellers.

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

This comment isn't aging well.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We won't know until the auctions are over. I'm guessing 25K for the Priller.

13. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Well-Known Member

That bike was owned by the former owner of Battley Cycles, now District Harley/Ducati.
    He has about 200 in his collection in very similar condition and/or mileage. Recently sold his Paul Smart for some ridiculous amount too.
    Has a single digit mileage desmosedici hidden away.

14. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I'm so over the trendy, Look at me, I can buy this ain't I cool " auction sites.
    L.A. folk, just buying stuff because there told it's "rare" "cool," etc..and for inflated prices that border on stupidity.
    If your a true enthusiast, and rode these when they were relevant I get the sentimental attachment.
    But people are paying 15j for RZ350s now...I see Ninja 600s and GPZs RD400s going for 6-10 k..or more
    Then the so called "RARE" RC30s. I don't know about you but you can pretty much find an RC 30 for sale any day of the week someplace yes they're rare but they're available.
    Brilliant bike nonetheless and if there's one bike that I can see fetching big dollars that machine in particular but these auction sites are just driving up the market where everybody with a clapped out Cafe racer or anything 60s or 70s trail bike is suddenly rare and classic oh and let's not forget.....
    cool
    I don't get it? And rz350 to me is still a $4,000 machine tops, Rd400s the same as well as most any 70s 80s 90s machine perhaps I have so many of them when they were dirt cheap but I would never pay that much for him now No Way Jose..
    I have a friend who has a pretty nice rs250 cup he bought that thing for $3,500 even he's like money they're asking is f****** stupid.
    I look at the sites cuz I appreciate the machinery but the egotistical parade is just beyond me...
    Not my crowd..that's for sure

15. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

"bigger fool theory"

I just learned of this term

16. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I just learned of the term "bigger fool theory". I was reading about bitcoin and other crypto. Apparently it applies everywhere.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Disconnect the cable

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think that happens with most classic older stuff.

During Covid my son came back from NYC and stayed with us for a few months. He couldn’t go into the office so it was nice for him to save on rent and us to hang out with him.

Anyway we went to a used car place that specializes in lots of different nice cars. This was before Covid drove up the prices on everything, I think springish 2020.

Anyway they had a 930 turbo there and they were asking around 100k. I remember saying to the salesman, I owned one of those for over 10-15 years, I can’t believe people pay that kind of money for them. They look nice, but shift like a truck and don’t handle all that well compared to the new stuff. He said, yea I agree and remember, not that long ago when those were low 20k cars. I said, yea I do too, that’s when I sold mine for 21k.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You get to a point where money doesn't have much meaning any more (I'm not saying that I have unlimited money). Realizing your dreams before its too late becomes a priority. When you reach this juncture, you pop for things without much regard for how much they cost. It really doesn't matter.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wait for it. @Johnny B

Has anyone received a bitch slap for reposting their own post. :D

L8RSK8R and YamahaRick like this.