1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

You will never convince me that MA does a better job toward increasing or obtaining a set projectory of getting kids to Europe than WERA can and has repeatedly in the past. If MAs vision should be to get more 14 year old racers overseas, how come they don’t have more classes to support this? Fans aren’t tuning into MA events to watch the Jr.Cup. The data clearly shows this.

How does MA develope 14 year old riders and increase their chances of heading over seas. The Jr. Cup ain’t doing it. A talented kid racing in WERA or CMRA has just as good as chance as going to Europe as one racing in the jr. Cup. History has shown us this. It’s not speculation, it’s a proven fact.

Boman Forklift, TurboBlew and Senna like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

So to be clear. The Jr. Cup is the least watched class in MA.
    Thanks again for the info.

3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I agree with you. Despite what MA might publicly state, they are not set up to compete nor develop kids for Europe. At least that is how I see it. A kid grinding in club level on a 125 or 250 will transition more smoothly.

However, some of us (like myself) have ZERO Europe asperations for their kids. I'd say 80% of youth riders ceiling will be Jr Cup at MA level or a 600 at club.

4. FastByKids

You will not trigger me! :D

JR Cup is a better product than SBK at the moment. You can't change my mind! :moon:

Boman Forklift and G 97 like this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You really are a retard. Bless your heart.

pickled egg likes this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

In terms of track action, you’re definitely right. It’s just tough for most folks to engage with that class as the rider lineup changes quite a bit year after year and they are riding the slowest bikes each weekend.

When I had liveplus, it was a struggle to try and watch everything. I had WSBK and MotoGP to watch, on top of the MA SBK race. Now I have to watch Moto2 with the US presence. There just isn’t enough time in the week for me to plop my ass down and watch all this racing. :D

7. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

NSF250R would be a good option if the price is close... Actually hard to believe Aprilia doesn't have a more powerful engine "on the shelf" somewhere for their NATC chassis.

I love the new SS rules, just which there were a team like M4 or Ducati running the R6. And more manufactures making track only bikes. I hate having getting rid of all that street equipment, its a pain.

8. FastByKids

I'm surprised Aprilia would tarnish a great chassis with a Chinese engines. The feedback and heartburn I've been getting has been a huge disappointment.

SS is going to be a hoot next year if not sooner. Once teams figure things out I imagine it will be much like the twins race.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Here’s my solution.
    Kill Jr.Cup. and farm it out to WERA.
    Integrate Stock1000 with Superbike.
    Re-tweak the SuperSport class.
    Utilize the gained track time to make all classes a double header weekend.

Wayne, I hope you are reading this. :D

KneeDragger_c69, lopitt85 and 5axis like this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I think at some point it will go that way. It’s getting tougher for the manufacturers to meet the euro emissions requirements for these bikes.

The club level will still run on clapped-out SVs and 600s for a while, I imagine.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I tried :crackup:

KneeDragger_c69 and FastByKids like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Of course not. Why would you use actual data? :D

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Best racing the last 2 years has been the Twins cup and Junior Class IMO... The Escalante SDK Battles were a close second but they ran away with it every race it seemed... Double Headers wont help the sport.. It will hurt it... Keep the Bagger class and expand the Hooligan schedule at a bare minimum...

FastByKids likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Hold on here. MotoAmerica Junior Cup hasn't been around long enough for us to see anyone truly use it to develop. And sure, SDK didn't race in JR. Cup but he needed MotoAmerica to get there just like Gerloff did and Cam B did too.

I can agree that the Jr. Cup hasn't produced much top end talent to date. Most riders still racing from the early years are mid pack or are in lesser classes (no offense). Its only now we actually seeing some talent coming from that class that are racing / competing in supersport and superbike (dumas would be too but well you know).

Yall are a riot, if we didnt have this and mini cup yall, ESPECIALLY @FastByKids would be going on and on about how shitty motoamerica is because they don't have any youth level classes for kids to develop in.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wayne, I hope you are not reading this. :D

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

We just got one of the new R6 track only bikes in to prep. I didn't get a chance to get into it yet, but it would appear that there's some sort of catalyzer in the headers of the Akrapovic system that's not present on the same "race" exhaust that we get from Akrapovic and use on our other R6 builds.

TurboBlew, Senna and henry_carlson like this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Well that’s crap. How long did it take you to receive it after ordering?

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

We didn't order it. Customer did. Pretty sure he ordered it whenever they announced them and he got it two or three weeks ago. Like I said, I didn't get a chance to go all in yet, but not having to remove ABS, swap the harness, getting the kit ECU and the few other bits that come on it are certainly a better start than a street bike. I don't know if I'd keep the rearsets without carrying my own spares around. Money-wise, I think the pipe will be the deal-breaker on if it's worth it or not. You're either getting a $1600 pipe or you need to at least replace the mid pipe to make it racey. (Again, I'm not positive it's a cat. I'm just positive that bulge doesn't exist on the race pipes.)

I think these are going for $18k. The street versions are $12k. So you need at least $6k of value (parts or saved time/labor) to make it make sense.

MyWayGuy, YamahaRick and Senna like this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That`s a crock. Fed law?

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Think worldwide requirements. Or at least CA state.

cav115 likes this.