1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best bike I’ve ever bought

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jun 30, 2022.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

2000 Ducati ST4.

Just picked it up last week. Super clean, one owner, bone stock, all maintenance and receipts since inception.

I’ve had lots of bikes, my first was a ‘96 Katana 600, then a ‘99 SRAD 750 (yes I went “SRAD”!), and ‘00 Duc748, ‘04 CBR1000RR, GSXR600, R6, R1, ‘93Duc750SS, ‘04 999, ‘05 999, RSV4R, and my dream bike a ‘01 996S Tricolore….

This bike is my favorite so far.

Couole weeks ago, The Boy (14yo) mentioned I should have a 2 seater so he and I could do some rides together. Came across this ST through a friend and picked it up for $3k. Plated it on Friday and The Boy and I have done 200+ miles last couple days, riding out to camp and around the Finger Lakes. It’s been about the best 200 miles I’ve ever rolled on 2 wheels.

I’m sure there’s probably better sport touring bikes out there, but that’s not the point. THIS is the best bike I’ve ever bought. It’s giving me and Joe the chance to enjoy the sport together until he gets his own bike. And he’s been a great 2up partner so far!

Capped off today’s ride with lunch at Dinosaur BBQ in ‘Cuse!

It’s gonna be a great new adventure.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Youpaiyou, Monsterdood, 418 and 9 others like this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I don’t know why the pics are sideways and upside down and duplicates. But eff it… you get the idea!

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Your pics are in triplicate and some are upside down. Fix it and report back. :D

Nice bike though.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I know I can’t figure out why. Tried to edit but from the phone it’s very hard.

or I’m just dumb.

I’m just dumb.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the case of vertigo from the pictures. :D Nice whip.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

1986 gsxr limited. Bought new in around 1988. Loved that bike.
    Close 2nd was a 1986 gsxr 750 to race. Made my $ back and then some with it.
    Any of my TZs.
    A fz750 - loved that thing on the street, worthless as a race bike.

worst? 851. A husaberg that tried killing me, a heavily modded KX500 that I tried using as a hare scrambles/ woods bike, my moto guzzi Daytona (even if I still love it), an rs250. . . Shit, anything that wasn’t a gs, gsxr, fz or TZ. :D

CBRRRRR999 and pjzocc like this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

SORRY!

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Pls delete the pics in the first post. Here ya go.

[​IMG]

upload_2022-6-30_20-37-51.png

upload_2022-6-30_20-38-23.png

[​IMG]

upload_2022-6-30_20-39-18.png

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick

dtalbott likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No. You ain’t the boss of me! :D

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've always loved the st2. My dads friend had one before i could afford street bikes and let me ride it once. The sounds and the torque were addictive. I've loved the italian twins ever since. They should make a 1299 engine version and bring it back!

pjzocc likes this.
  12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Now looks like two pics aren't displaying. If the same for you, PM them to me and I'll add them.

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

130EABDD-7750-4375-84D8-AAF828B41AED.jpeg

YamahaRick likes this.
  14. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

D414C488-AC28-428E-A746-EBC4C3F5F08A.jpeg

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Congrats. I've always considered the ST4 to be twice as good as the ST2.

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

The numbers suggest as such

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Nice bike,coulda had a 2006s with 7k miles a couple of years ago for 4000,but no room in the garage,still pisses me off,btw was in the cuse last thursday
    and ate at Dinosaur before Steely Dan show at Lakeview.What a great venue,great show also!:beer:

pjzocc likes this.
  18. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I'm itching to take my 15yr son on a trip. I have a 900ss CR Ducati that is fairly decent for a 200 mile day going 2up. Seeing your pics gets me even more motivated. Thanks.

rd400racer and pjzocc like this.
  19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I still have mine! :p Bought new in late 86 when the 87's were coming in and the dealer needed to take the "showroom traffic generator" out of the shop window.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I told my son when he came of age and had a garage, I'd give him the Monster, because he always loved it. Well, that time came last month. Now we're quite the pair at vintage bike night.

[​IMG]windows screen capture

tl1098, Sabre699, JBall and 6 others like this.