1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow 1 year after winning his last championship and literally probably should have won 21 championship.

Good thing Jackie isn’t in MotoGP or he would have been calling for Rossi to retire in 2010 or 2011.

On second thought maybe that would have been ok….lololol:crackup::dead:

stk0308 and motion like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

On what grounds?

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Probably on the grounds of manufacturing drama and making clickbait articles.

tiggen likes this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well, he compared himself with Ayrton Senna, so I’m going with dementia.

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Jackie has no use for Hamilton. Hasn't for some time.

6. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Couple of Sirs swinging purses.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Let's see. This happened LAST year, but first comes to light now....the week of the British GP, with Hamilton having his worst year ever. Ask "why now?" Hamilton playing the pity card in front of his home crowd. He doesn't have everyone looking at him lately.

He can't have that...

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/...1-condemn-nelson-piquet-racially-abusive-term

....and we don't know if it's the "a" or "er"......:D

8. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

You kids are all probably too young to remember but Jackie retired at the absolute top of the sport. And he really did not have a car advantage like Hamilton and even Senna had. Jackie always said that retiring on top was a big deal for him as a sportsman. I don't see a former champions fading skills and results decline as tragic, but Jackie does. He just said LH will loose some of his "brand" by hanging on and collecting more checks. Really, really big checks.

DrA5 likes this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I remember my dad telling me Jackie was the "first" driver to actually retire - everyone else drove until they died.

10. Chino52405

Couple people in here give off really strong Steve Buschemi in lip stick with a kill list vibe when talking about 7 time World Drivers Champion Sir Lewis Hamilton.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

FIFY

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Because Jackie was a pussy. Real F1 drivers of his era died driving, not quitting and complaining about safety. :D

Chino52405 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

why do people insist on saying that shit? No you didn’t, you attempted to fix it for yourself.

and shit. :D

DrA5 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Everyone sleeping in this morning? Should be a stonking race, particularly if it starts raining.

Chino52405 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeppers.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  16. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Loved seeing Flintoff.

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

18. Chino52405

Hope this an over abundance of caution. George running back to his car is all we have to go off for Zhou.

Edit: well there's an update. Hope he's just shook up.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Sucks for George. Pretty sure the entire crowd would have volunteered to push the car back.

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Shit. Glad Zhou’s OK.