1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knew club racing could actually look exciting?

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Serous question for you. Can you quantify your response and how it's made a difference for racing and the m/c industry?

G 97 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Lots of people watch Ken Block videos. Doesn't mean they're going to start rallying anytime soon.

If track days don't convince participants to transition into racing, how does anyone think that random people following someone and watching videos are going to get into the sport in numbers that can even be noticed? They're just enjoying good entertainment and that's probably all.

noles19 likes this.
  3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Is this what they mean about moving the goal posts?

Did you watch Oh-Vale World Series in Italy last year? Or do you follow the North American Talent cup? The product of his work is on display. To me there is no better achievement in life than giving back to the sport and setting up the next generation.

Obviously you have a disdain for him much like Stranboli. Again, I challenge you to name another US racer who gives back that much.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I edited the paint post so disregard it please.
    Dude you're way of base and I have no disdain for him.
    I dislike people in my industry that continue to act inproperly to other racers and disrepect their sponsors.

G 97 likes this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Herrin promotes non bike people to get their ass off the couch in the first place and check out the races, if for nothing else, to watch Herrin. Nobody can control much beyond that, but getting them out there is the first step.

So you go onto say that bike nights work (they don't), then say track day people don't have inner competitiveness. So then how do the bike nights work? You're insinuating that those that are racers are already on the grid and there's nobody left out there to recruit.

6. FastByKids

He wasn't the first nor the last high profile racer to be difficult. Possibly you are focusing on a narrow example of conflict to ignore the greater body of work he has achieved over the years?

Josh and I had a major disagreement. We both agreed to disagree. I'm not going to trash him publicly because he had a different opinion than I.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

What I'm asking you to do is quantify his body of work with data you've collected from the m/c industry and racing?
    Sure he has followers etc. but show us some results. Finally once you understand the industry you'll see things differently.

Boman Forklift and G 97 like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

Once he understands the industry he’ll finally understand one thing.

9. FastByKids

I think you are being ridiculous.

I've given everything I know of off the top of my head.

When I see another US racer build mini tracks, and give back to the youth then that guy will forever have a fan with Team Miller. TBH I can give two poops of his issues in Europe and US Yamaha.

Correct, I have so much to learn about the industry.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Please quantify the incremental growth in fans that Herrins social media presence has made towards increasing fan presence at MA racing events? I would love to know this number and what you are basing it on rather than just silly speculation because you are somehow mildly amused by his social media antics. So tell us all, what the quantifiable number is. But you won’t, because you can’t because he hasn’t made any noticeable difference. Better to be a has been than a never was. :Poke:
    Carry on. :crackup:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

What huge difference specifically has Herrin made. I love how some peeps have repeatedly made this proclamation but can’t offer one specific example or any data that directly supports this claim. How has he made a huge difference relative to bringing in new fans to the races, either at the track or through streaming/TV. Enlighten us all, please.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pretty what? :crackup:

13. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

You want to get more people into racing, go to track days and talk to those guys. Offer to let them come with you the next weekend you race and hang out them, show them how easy it is to get the race license and race. Trackday guys think its some huge ordeal to race or that they have to be a few seconds off the track record to race. We all know what the reality is. When new people show up here and ask questions, reach out to them in a PM and offer the same thing. The first weekend is very intimidating. Them pitting with you is a huge stress reliever when you can guide them around with little effort. Thats the market, not some random off the street

Michael Hausknecht, Cooter! and G 97 like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

And outside of any direct impact towards Herrin what impact has this made towards the general public with their increased participation with purchasing a new motorcycle, watching an MA race, becoming a racer themselves. Every example you have has 100% to do with Herring and absolutely ZERO to do with impacting any additional masses.

RRP likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

No he can’t, no one else can either although the spew the same tired rhetoric with out any proof. I’ve asked this question in the past only to get shut down. But the false premise seems to linger on with the ill informed.

16. FastByKids

Geebus, you guys are a tough crowd.

My opinions and thought process are right here in black and white. I'm refusing to hate a guy because the slander masters dislike him. He has done good for our family and many other racers. Those racers will soon be on a MA grid very soon...

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

So how many has he gotten out there?

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Yep. It’s probably one of the most effect venues to cultivate racers from. I lost count of how many track day riders I turned onto racing. Probably over a 100 or so.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

No one is hating or disliking. You aren't sharing opinions, as much as you are making claims. You are making a direct statement and I’m asking for a quantifiable number based on your own statements. Seems to me you would have one after making these statements. That’s just me though.

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

CYCO Baby!

Stan's still at it, but at his backyard shop. We went riding a few weeks back. I was in town, and he loaned me a bike. We went down to the Don Garlits museum

TurboBlew likes this.