1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required RE: Racing Incident

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

any witnesses? If so, sue that fucker. Otherwise, out him with extreme prejudice at the least.

Rebel635, TurboBlew, Saiyan66 and 2 others like this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Mistakes happen, accidents happen. Red mist and tunnel vision happens.

but crashing (mistake, ok) into a rider and not helping (grey area a bit, unless you are a morally upright person) and instead keeping injuring him is intentional and should absolutely be punished to the fullest extent

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Is this battery? The first contact is very probably a racing incident. But everything after that?

Sounds like you really need some witnesses or footage.

4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I would report it to the police.

5. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

The organization president actually helped load me into the side by side they got me off the trail with and I gave him the brief details of what happened, he knew exactly who I was talking about.

The Beer Hunter and Phl218 like this.
  6. t500racer

As far as I am aware, no footage of the incident is available. I am tracking down witnesses who were behind us.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd still contact them in writing as well as the AMA. If nothing else ask if anything has been done about the rider, they don't need to give specifics but hopefully they will give at least an affirmative to that. We start with a letter from mom and work our way up with similar issues but it seems as if he should already have gotten something along those lines. Granted, our letters from mom have more power than lawyer letters and even visits from cops or the like :crackup:

sheepofblue, dtalbott and t500racer like this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've only been doing hare scrambles for about a year now, and I am quite used to getting lapped by the fast guys. I've had the first part of your scenario happen more than once (just getting run into) and I definitely consider that a racing incident. Everything that happened after that falls way outside of that in my opinion. I am not the litigious type, but at the very least the organizer needs to be made aware of his behavior. If it as you say, they have probably received other reports and this could be the icing on the cake. If you've incurred substantial medical bills and potentially lost income, I would at least contact any attorney to see what your options are. I doubt the other rider is going to help you willingly unless gets some pressure from above.

I wish you the best in your recovery.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

they are on a mission.. fact. Am I making excuses for that riders bad behavior? not in the slightest. Lot more in my post than "AA guys are on a mission".. that's PART of it.
    I ALSO said he should bring it up to the admins of that club/organization so it's documented, you know, in case he does this to someone else.. And said he should try to get a hold of the rider to tell him what he did to him. As well, i mentioned most AA guys get around everyone without incident or drama. Motorcycle racing is a dangerous sport. Some riders are idiots. But for some to claim or imply there are lawsuits to be filed? or that the AA guy intended to break his leg ? (what would be needed to file some charges)
    give me a break..

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I met Kris sometime around 05-06. We raced at Shanny together and road dirt bikes at our camp together for several years until he moved. Kris is as honest as they come, I do not question his story at all. He has no reason to embellish.

Pixelator, Killswitch and t500racer like this.
  11. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

One of the industry greats roosted me on purpose once. We had tangled (nobody fell) in a one track when I didn't even know he was behind me. Seconds later we opened onto a gravel road. Now just feet ahead, he looked at me, pulled in the clutch and blew gravel all over me. With full gear this was just an annoyance. My open KTM had more top end than his Husky and I passed him screaming like an idiot. Thankfully I got under control and that was the end of it. Funny thing was he was just play riding at a local enduro after his career peak was past. He didn't even have AA status anymore.

Some people are just asses including Dick B.

If this guy willfully hurt you press charges (not a law suit) against him but not the track or promoter. At a hare scrambles, AA will be passing non pros as part of the event no matter who starts first. I sure hope your recovery is complete and fast.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Consistently running your bike into another rider shows intent.

Pixelator, RichB, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There’s always shitting in his fort.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I would generally agree with you, but being on a race course doesn't give you carte blanch to assault someone. I don't know exactly what happened in this case as I wasn't there, but there are absolutely cases where outside authorities, whether it be police or lawyers, should get involved. It is a high bar though. It will be helpful if there are other witnesses. I know in stressful situations, memories can be distorted.

15. t500racer

That's what I keep coming back to. If the injury happened upon initial contact, I wouldn't even have mentioned it. All movement had ceased by both machines, both riders and bikes were upright and fine. It should have been something that would have been forgotten about three corners later. Had the initial contact sent me into a tree resulting in the break, we would not even be having a conversation.

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Is it possible he didn't even know he was hung up on you as opposed to just being hung up on your bike?

17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Doesn't matter. If he was hung up on the bike you were under that is just as bad.

18. t500racer

It could be, at least until I began screaming in his ear to stop. Of course, he may not have heard it, I suppose. He would never had been hung up on me though if he hadn't kept pushing his front wheel into the back of my leg to try and go through me. He knew my body was in there. He showed no regard for it, and after the leg break ran over the rest of me as well.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Jesus…

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What district was this in and what race round / location / promoter? Who's the rider?