1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ate some KFC

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 17, 2022.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Local gas up and convenience store makes the best around here. Few years back another local convenience made the best fried gizzards and livers. Then stopped selling chicken altogether, and opened a deli sandwich place..blah. Down to one.

2. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Where is KFC going away? I literally see them building new TB/KFC's all over NOVA.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

out my way they are converting them to Popeyes or, to yet another chipotle. I haven’t really gone looking for one but I haven’t seen one out this way in a few years.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

+1. Not sure if it’s the same brand but we have a few convenience stores around here that sell this stuff. Way better than KFC. https://krispykrunchy.com/

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gas stations are where you tend to get the Broaster stuff, good yardbird. Pressure deep fryers make a big difference.

6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Was just going to post the exact same thing. Mary Browns FTW

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I went looking for shit pizza yesterday and couldn’t find a dominos or Pizza Hut. :D

Ended up with a good local pizza place instead and it was good but when you get something in your head you want it. :crackup:

DucatiBomber and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  8. zertrider

And decision made. Going to Mary Browns for Father's Day dinner.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I hate all you people in Canada. Boy that looks good!!!

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm beginning to think you people will eat anything...... :eek: :D

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"You people..."

[​IMG]

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yep, it's not even a contest. Mary Browns by a landslide. We always get an extra tater to wreck in the car on the way home lol.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

wha’? Like an extra whole potato? Like a Baked potato?

14. zertrider

Wedges. May have to try the Nashville taters with tonight's order

Attached Files:

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yup wedges. They're addictive.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking it was some weird Canadian thing. Baked potato on a stick or some shit. :D I’m not a potato wedge guy but the girls love ‘em.

17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Two words: Royal Farms. Makes KFC and Popeyes seem like shit you dump in a feed trough for farm animals. They sell non corn gas too. :D

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've got a Citgo station I go to in Burlington NC got some Koreans turning out some BOMB soul food son.
    I don't eat em but I'm told the chicken livers are A plus.

Funny thing every time I've been there the local pimp is always parked in his caddy while the girls do business. No, I have not sampled the side items.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Folks from India owned the place with gizzards and livers. Couple of local ladies cooked those goodies up. Walked in one day and no more. Ladies were gone and they were remodeling for the deli. Walked out empty handed, after promising my Mom I was going to bring her some. They didn’t understand my disappointment either.

Steeltoe likes this.