HOA Karma

Discussion in 'General' started by CBRRRRR999, Jun 14, 2022.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

So after 28 years of paying my HOA and getting nasty letters about our trucks and toys either being visible or in the wrong yard pretty regularly they discovered we were never legally included in the HOA due to clerical error. Our phase was never included in the paperwork. Affects about 20% of the homes.
    Also discovered the HOA has been taking care of property and lakes thought to he community but in actuality totally owned by individual owners.

As several some new Karens have recently been upping the harrassment in general and specifically against truck, boat and bike owners it couldn't have happened at a better time. Going to love cashing whatever check we get back from the jerkoffs, even if it's a dollar.

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i absolutely HATE my HOA...dude walks around looking for anything!!! grass is 1/2 inch too long? getting a note...little bit of mulch missing - note, trash cans out longer than 24hr - note...grass not green enough - note...

meanwhile our pool area is void of anything inviting...literally concrete and a pool...and the upkeep on the common areas often goes undone. people should have better things to do than this crap...and i pay them for the harassment ! :(

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    ducnut likes this.
  3. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Hordes Of Assholes

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Awesome. After being in two different HOAs, one in Illinois that was actually pretty good and one in Iowa which kinda sucked I vowed never again so when I moved to Wi. I made sure there was not an HOA. Sure enough, a group two streets over in an earlier development had an HOA and tried to enforce their covenants of no trailers or cars over night in driveways and started sending out letters etc telling me to remove my race trailer which I ignored until I received a letter from an attorney that I simply responded, take me to court. Nothing happened. LOL

noles19, Ian178, Rebel635 and 3 others like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hopeless
    Overbearing
    Analodians

StaccatoFan and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I just bought into one hesitantly after city condo nightmares, but this subdivision was founded in 96 and hasn't had a single change, addition, or anything to the charter and dues are $180/yr. Seems like a good gamble so far... everyone is pretty chill and my neighbor was HOA pres for 6 years and said nothing happened at all.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Does your HOA allow you to go out blasting with your AR-10? If not, screw them. My neighbor on the far side of the hollow hears me go out plinking with a 22 and 5 minutes later he's out with a larger caliber. Forces me to up my game. I though I won when I broke out the 30-06 but he upped the anti with a shot gun. Simple things for simple minds.

Nathey, Rebel635, YamahaRick and 8 others like this.
  8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, you should get all of your 28 yrs worth of fees back, no?

Nathey, Spooner, Senna and 3 others like this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

My parents have land nearby for all yeehaw activities fortunately. Wanted at least 3 acres in a township, but my buying power said I could have a nice house or nice property, not both.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Parents bought their kid a Benz for her 18th birthday.
    They parked it on the street with a big bow on it....so the daughter would find it the next morning. Fuckin HOA had the car towed in the middle of the night.

Fuck Ridgegate La Jolla.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s some big BS!!!

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

$2.5 mill homes and HOA is $350/month.
    Every home in the development has settling issues.
    You cannot park a car on the street... absolute bullshit.

13. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Who in their right mind would EVER join a HOA property?!?!?!

bored&stroked, Knotcher, drop and 3 others like this.
  14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I have an HOA with the exact opposite problem. They're effectively nonexistent to the extent that all homeowners are begging for an increased presence because there's so much not getting done. Fees haven't gone up in years so there's no money to do the stuff needed. All of us have said we're willing to pay more if they can outline how they intend to manage it. But nothing has happened.

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sometimes you don't have much option. Most of the subdivisions around me have one. If I wanted to avoid it, I'd likely have to move an unreasonable distance from local civilization.

Senna, Boman Forklift and Chino52405 like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

millions of home owners?? lol

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't want one. But where I moved, it's just kind of the norm. That being said, I knew right away my motovan should have been a problem. But cruising the neighborhood before I bought so all sorts of "ineligible" vehicles, RV's, race trailers etc. It seems like all they really enforce are the landscaping and house appearance rules. Then again, it only takes one cranky person to mess it up for everyone. The minimal amount our dues cost does cover a couple of parks and nice walking paths for everyone. So far, can't complain too much.

18. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Well I hate most people... so that sounds like a great idea.

cav115, beac83, noles19 and 4 others like this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Run for a seat...get to work.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I guess the best option if you are stuck in a HOA development... get on the board so you are part of the bureaucratic machine...