1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK ROUND 04 | Pirelli Emilia-Romagna Round | 10 - 12 JUN

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

On a jacked up Honder "Fireblade" that peeps still can't seem to get sorted. So IMM, doesn't count.

Dragginass and kirk erlinger like this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i asked Steve English if he had heard anything on Gerloff being resigned or any rumors of Gerloff going elsewhere in the wsbk paddock and English said he hadn't heard a thing but he needs results fast.... that was on Friday

3. henry_carlson

they are supposed to doing a wildcard at the end of the year...

Senna likes this.
  4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Where is this supposed to be? Since There aren't any US rounds..

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Portugal

6. henry_carlson

portugal, iirc he mentioned it on the youtube show and it was contingent on them winning the MA championship

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Feel free to shove your opinion up your idiotic ass.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Spicy!! But who’s comment are you referring to?

9. henry_carlson

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He quoted it. :confused:

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Race 2 literally put me to sleep ... first time I can remember that happening.

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not going to be an American on that bike next year.

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Will there be an American on any bike next year? 50/50. On a competitive bike, highly unlikely. I do think GG has ridden well enough to race there, plenty are doing worse. The question is more does he deserve a competitive seat? I could see Joe or Cam racing WSBK if a good seat was available.

Factory Yamaha: no spots, and just no.
    Factory Kawi: no spots unless Rea retires.
    Factory Honda: why would they change?
    Factory Ducati: doubtful
    BMW: competitive? eh…
    Support Duc: ? Maybe, if marketing to US is a priority?
    Support Yamaha: GG could stay, probably only meaningful opportunity.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  15. henry_carlson

sure but uhh, who is even out there at this point. we dont really have anyone out there ready to make that step

16. henry_carlson

whats the word papa?? Aegeter, @Yama-saurus 's texting buddy mackenzie (gutted he missed assen), dovi/ some other gp reject, moving the supersport riders

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no idea. Beaubier isn't done with GPs yet and I doubt anyone would put SDK on a superbike without doing Supersport first. I don't know if Gagne would want to try again. So if Gerloff doesn't stay, I guess there won't be one next year.

prm likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't know yet. Not the supersport riders for sure. Mackenzie was excited about the project last year but it was postponed to 2023. Not sure where things stand right now. Dovi: no, for a lot of reasons. Other GP "reject": possibly.

henry_carlson likes this.
  19. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Taz is just trying to get his momentum back in BSB after some injuries. He's not NOT looking at things currently, but working on BSB results as first task. And chllin' at the TT...

TAZANDMGANG.jpg

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

On another note, I find it hard to understand the WSBK business model. The racing is so spread out. 4 weeks off after Assen, then three off after Estoril, now five weeks off, a one week break between UK and Czech rounds then a six week break…. How do they keep everyone employed on that schedule? i.e. generate revenue. Do most of the team members have other jobs? In the first 23 weekends there are 7 race weekends. Admittedly it picks up a little at the end for a total of 12 race weekends over a 33 weekend span. Then 4-5 months with no races. Not suggesting they get run into the ground, but one or two more within the European counties between the start and six week break after Czech seems reasonable. I shall now hop off my soap box.