1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gun Maverick.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, May 28, 2022.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You don’t learn about Xenia until you’ve been in the church for quite a long time, you’ve raised up through classes and study and paid a shitload of cash.
    South Park are the ones who put that bit of news out there for all to see.

come to think of it, cruise hates SP.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She had me at The Rocketeer.

Gino230, motion and britx303 like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Inventing the Abbotts………on top scene. You’re welcome ;) :D

Gino230 likes this.
  4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

"The Hot Spot" beach scene.

britx303 likes this.
  5. yzfpat

yzfpat Active Member

Predictable, but in a good way. It's a nice escape.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yowza!!!!:)

stk0308 likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I don't know. Does he actually know how to ride one?
    I have a friend in the SCCA. Way back when, Cruise was invited to try car racing by his buddy Paul Newman. He took the SCCA driver's school and was promptly given a National license. Normally it's not that quick and easy to get an National license (Take two schools, race on a Novice permit, then get regional license and prove yourself for a while, then upgrade to National license.), but the SCCA thought he might bring in more spectators. His driving was very erratic and he frequently took out other drivers, ruining their championship hopes. (Sounds like a certain Cruz on motorcycles.) Newman frequently put his face in his hands and soon the wags said that SCCA stood for "See Cruise Crash Again". Ask any northeast car racer about him and you'll get an earful.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he knows how to ride. When they started to put this movie together the production studio reached out to Kawasaki. They wanted the H2 but Tom had to approve it. He did a private track day on it, all by himself with only a couple of people present. He loved the bike so they wanted it in the movie.

Kawasaki had a small partnership in the movie. His garage is filled with Kawasakis and when he wasn't in a jet or an airplane he was on his bike. Hopefully it will get people interested in sport bikes again.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He and Newman went out in some school cars at Road Atlanta back when they used Nissans, had to walk back in from T4 or 5 :crackup:

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

just read this and lots of hate... I personally loved the new top gun and I couldn't care how ridiculous Tom Cruise is in his personal life because we all know the dude is batshit crazy but he did use all of his pull in Hollywood to give us the most immersive experience for a new Top Gun movie. Just the behind the scenes stuff makes it worth seeing because they filmed it all in real jets and pulled real G's to get the right reactions.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He and Mel Gibson are two where I have to just suck it up that I think they're too crazy to support them and do it anyway because they're so damned entertaining.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why all this hate against the bat shit crazy? You all are racist! Anti crazy! Coocoo bananas bat shit crazy’s are people too!

and you’re all heighterist!

motion likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yeah but Gibson is not nearly as active anymore since he was cancelled...

14. Johnny B

All by himself is the key phrase. Coulda sworn I saw a picture of him and a Scientology honcho with a Ducati or two.

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

LOL! I misread your post to say "Just the behind the scenes stuff makes it worth seeing because they filmed it all in real jets and pulled real G's to get the right erections." Yeah....that's a completely different movie than "Top Gun Maverick!" :crackup:

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

And yet still entirely applicable

sharkattack likes this.
  17. Johnny B

Poor Nicole Kidman wasn't allowed to wear heels!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

that’s stupid. He missed the chance that When dancing, Tom could have had a face full of titties.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

cha0s#242 and ToofPic like this.
  20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm super pissed they didn't bring her back for this one!
    After watching the trailer,there's baby goose,who doesn't like midgets that kill his dad.
    And your not going to bring back Kelly?!! The nerve! That's the only reason I would go to see this movie! A remake of the make out session,Tom on a stool trying to kiss this gorgeous hunk of scissoring lesbian!! Take my money!!

0_EMB-PAY-MEGA_Kelly_McGillis_004.jpg