1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get some help in Canada please?

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, May 23, 2022.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

evakat likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

cha0s#242 and Banditracer like this.
  3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Give him a call. A large number of the frogs there do speak the anglais.

On the other hand, when I was there in April, a ton of them didn't. Mostly the older crowd in the more rural areas.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Translation:

Hey Hoser. Check out this sweet bike. Only costs you a case of Elsinore. No mice though. Price firm, I know what I got. Take off!

ToofPic likes this.
  5. StanTheMan

I sent the guy a reply through the website but haven’t heard back from him. He probably thinks I’m spamming him since I’m in the USA

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Most can speak it, they just don't unless it suits them.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You would, of course, never do that.

It would involve knowing a 2nd language... :D

8. sdg

sdg *

I am NOT a fan of the area

9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Canada is, uh, big, so maybe specify Laval/Montreal, Que as I'm in Canada but I can't just eat the cost of gas @ $2.24/L ($7/gallon USD) for the 49 hour drive from my place each way. ;)

If you message the seller - easy enough to use google translate and send the message in both French and English? (See below)

Si vous envoyez un message au vendeur - assez facile pour utiliser google translate et envoyer le message en français et en anglais ?

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, I think he's the guy for this one.

11. StanTheMan

I just composed a message to him, this time in French, that hopefully google translate didn’t massacre too badly. Hope to hear back from him.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

"This crazy American wants to shave my cows".

Wingnut, Shenanigans, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

That was my experience when I was in Quebec for work. Restaurants, shops, etc. had signs in the window stating that no English was spoken in their businesses. And I know they could speak it, they just chose not to. Our office in Quebec gave us the rundown on where to go so you weren’t treated as a leper, but rather as someone with money to spend. I’ll not go back.

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I have sent a message as well, with no response

15. StanTheMan

thank you. If you hear back from him let me know.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve been to La Fromage Canada, but the one thing that thawed the icy arrogance of the parlez vous fuck you crowd up there was handing them good old US currency.

Personally, I think it’s because they didn’t have to look at that Limey Kraut on their colorful Monopoly money for a change. :D

17. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Wrong...
    Misconception of most anglos ;)

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

How can I help ?
    I live in the South Shore of Montreal. Don't know where the ad is but I can sure assist you from here.

Alex

ToofPic likes this.
  19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Late 70's I was skiing at Jay Peak in northern Vermont (ie in the USA!). Staying at a ski hostel where you gathered to eat/drink/be merry in the lounge after skiing. There was a group down from Quebec sitting at a table so I went over just to be sociable. Got an ear full of French babble for my trouble so I started back to my table. As I was walking away they made the mistake of saying...in english...."how they sent that Yankee packing". Now, they can be dicks in their own country but this is god damn Murica! They didn't know I was staying with 2 FBI agents. They went over to their table and proceeded to roust them, "Where are your papers?". "What is your business in the USA?"
    I couldn't help but laugh and gave away the whole schtick.

Mike Lafayette likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

BS meter going nuts. I have never, ever seen that on any establishments.