1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's real, family hurt ya most and money/land grab

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, May 22, 2022.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Just talked to a customer who booked a ride tonight.

Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, and Director of the Schizophrenia Program at the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine. He is also Director of the NIH-funded Consortium on the Genetics of Schizophrenia (COGS). He trained at the University of Pennsylvania, Yale University, and the University of California, San Francisco.

We've known him for 25 years.
    Last thing he asked me "how's Hugh and Rosemary"

I told him what's going on.
    He's actively involved in two cases right now....same shizz.

He recommends getting a great lawyer and he's willing to do a psych video analysis of my dad's mental health.

He said he's seen this for 40+ years.

Apparently my sister has power of attorney whence my Dad is incapacitated, which he's not.... currently.
    There's an LPA ( lasting power of attorney ...which my brother assigned and came in to change the will) solicitors which over sees and negates my sister's involvement.

Well Dr. Braff told me there's a case to win, if I hire the right people.

My idea for the place was to provide horse therapy, bring kids in and experience, learn about horses.

If my brother and sister get it, hell piss it away gambling.

He had a million pounds locked up for years, I think it was bet365. Lost his case.
    Lost the million.

If you'd like to know how horse racing and online/arbitrage soccer betting works....shoot me a message.

ToofPic and Phl218 like this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When Mom passed I was the executor. One I was closest two I could be a tyrant. Proud to say not only was there zero infighting from my brothers but both sister in laws were angels also. A crap time if anything brought us closer together. 100% the opposite of your title, proud of my family and their class.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is a spelling, grammar, or math test...

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes. You failed.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Too many Ms

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

8. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

I had to go to war against my closest relative (uncle) who is worth 300 million plus over a share of some realestate left to me by my dear old mum. What a cunt, all I can say is that people who have that kind of money can often be empty soulless psychos. Years of fighting and 6 figure legal bills, I learned that the courts are for the wealthy and that all victories after long legal battles (I won) are pyrrhic.

9. sheepofblue

Sheeplish
    One I was geographically closest to my parents, two I could be a total tyrant on anyone acting like an ass.

The closest was nice as I did the lawyer meets etc. By AL law I could have skimmed some but did it free as Mom/Dad gave me FAR more than I inherited during their life. I did get some help from one brother who is almost an hour out. The other did the least as he is 8 hours out. But everyone was supportive to me and each other. Mom and Dad would have been proud.

Sheeplish is more efficient if you goat bastids understood it :beer:

10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the family fighting.
    When my mom was ailing (but still in perfect mind) all five of us siblings got together for pizza/drinks with mom and we all discussed who got what.
    When my mom passed... we closed out the remaining items and divided the $$$ 5 ways.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Now my wife's parents property will probably go to complete opposite.
    Wife has 2 sisters and 1 brother.
    In laws have a small family farm ($400k-$500k value).
    Wife's brother is a POS!
    Father in law passed away about year ago and didn't want his son to get a thing.
    Mother in law wants to giver whole farm to son... but father law will stated farm get split up... farm land to middle sister, gas well $$$ shared between wife and he youngest sister, and POS brother get house on 1 acre parcel.
    Should be fun times in the near future!!!

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Your friendly neighborhood nursing home has the answer- just move Mom in and in no time there will be nothing to fight over! Worked great for us.

13. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

When my Dad found out that he had cancer and was terminal he made sure that I had in my possession the things that were important to me that he had. My Grandfathers as well as my Great Uncles pocket watches, pocket knives as well as a few family heirlooms that he knew were important to me and would get discarded by others. There was not much money to speak of, enough to take care of my mother through her remaining years and I assured him if it wasn't that I would make sure she was ok.

My brother was killed prior to my Father's cancer diagnosis and I had a sister who disappeared many years before so I was it. The sister vanished, leaving her purse on the kitchen table to never be seen again. My parents spent thousands and thousands trying to figure out what happened to her to never find anything so it was determined she was dead also. I took care of my mother and made sure she was ok. I was over a thousand miles away but dropped in as much as I could and handled her finances and added what was needed to keep her in her house as she wished. I paid for someone to spend a day a week with her cleaning and making sure she was ok and as she declined it went to 7 day a week care but that was ok as her wish was to be home.

I was away for work when she passed. It was not expected as her health was steady but her body was tired and she moved on in her sleep. I got a call from her care giver notifying me of her death. The funeral home already had the orders for her to be carried out at the time of her death. I told the caregiver to lock the house and that I would be there in a couple of days to take care of everything. Her response shocked me as she said "lock the house, what about you sister?" I was at a loss for words, come to find out she had someone keeping tabs on everything with my Mom and slipped in and had been living in the house for about three weeks.

I am sure you can figure out where this ends up. Thank the lord I had been paying all of the bills and managing her affairs as there was no money left. I had to go to court to get my sister out of the house to sell it to settle the estate. I am sure if there is a hell that I will burn in it for what I said to her in the end and it was very hard to honor my Mother and to fulfill her wishes after her death with someone that my parents thought was dead for years rummaging through their things trying to find something of value.

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your losses.

Human beings are the worst of the worst sometimes. Can't believe that happened with your sister.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Thanks tony, it has been over 10 years since my Mother's death and it still makes my blood boil but it also hurts inside. It is hard to explain but it is ok.

Every time I see something like this it helps for me to share. I wish that I could tell everyone that whatever is going on will be ok, but unfortunately I know better. All I can do is hope for the best solution possible for all.

malamute, TurboBlew, Gino230 and 2 others like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One of the hospice workers that cared for my wife's mom had a perfect term for these miscreants...Out of Town Heros. They don't provide any help, care, support or anything else of value, but they show up near the end to tell you how things should be done, claim credit, and get their "fair" share of anything left.

malamute, ToofPic, L8RSK8R and 4 others like this.
  17. sheepofblue

You did right....your sister WOW what a horrible thing to do to your parents. Then to show up after causing them so much worry and grief to try to get something she sure as hell did not earn.

In the end though I truly believe your sacrifice and dedication earned you a lot of peace. Something she will never have nor be able to steal/con.

thunderalley3 likes this.
  18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Little update on the situation.

My youngest bro got to chatting with my Dad (in hospital) and he confirmed the will was changed.

We've proposed the land and cabin stay with us four boys and the horse/farm/business gets divided between all 9 kids. That way we have a place to return home to and everyone has a share/say in the operating of the "business"

So far, everyone is agreeing and onboard with this new arrangement.

Seems amicable for everyone.

Black46, tony 340, casjoker and 4 others like this.